Steel 72's

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Steel 72's

Post by Desert Diver »

Hello all,
Is anyone still interested in steel 72's? I have 6 or 7 of them, most of which I have been using until recently. 2 were just hydroed. 2 have pipe thread post valves. I just bought into steel 100's so don't think I'll be using them. I'll be at Edmonds Thursday if anyone is interested.

Brian
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Steel 72's

Post by Nwbrewer »

Desert Diver wrote:Hello all,
Is anyone still interested in steel 72's? I have 6 or 7 of them, most of which I have been using until recently. 2 were just hydroed. 2 have pipe thread post valves. I just bought into steel 100's so don't think I'll be using them. I'll be at Edmunds Thursday if anyone is interested.

Brian
72's are awesome Sidemount tanks! I love mine. How much are you looking to get for them?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

Well, I can't see myself using them anymore. I don't think I'll be doing the tech thing and also have a bunch of AL80's I use. So basically I'd like to get what is a good deal for someone and OK for me. Offers? Like I say I just hydroed 2 of them. None of them had been in hydro for years. One I've been using had a little pitting under the boot. I've been filling them and using them except for the 2 post valve tanks. Those must be ancient but look really good. It would be great to sell them all at once. What is fair? If I thought someone was really interested I'd bring them to EUP on Thursday.

What also needs to go are 2 AL100's both in hydro. Offers? Possible trades? Lets make a deal.

Brian
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

I might be interested in the 72s. What kind of price and what kind of trades are you interested in?
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

I think 2 of them are going tomorrow. That will leave 5 but 2 of those are post valve with pipe thread for good or bad. None of the remaining ones are in hydro but I have been using 3 of them. Price? What am I offered? Got an old Oceanic puck style Nitrox computer? An HP100 or similar? Problem will be delivering them. I live in the far reaches of Eastern WA. I'm diving Edmonds tomorrow but don't have the rest with me. I want them to go away.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Got some more 72's for sidemount! Thanks Desert Diver!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman