Hola

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
pnwdiving
Getting To Know Folks

Hola

Post by pnwdiving »

Hey all. Been diving since 2004 mostly in the PNW. Looking for local buddies, ideally tech ccr/photogs in the south sound, but I'm not picky. PM me if interested!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Hola

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy! Welcome to the board.

We have a bunch of photogs that hit the south south (Redondo or Three Tree) every Thursday night. Come join us, it is a lot of fun! Look for the "ThThTh" dives in the planning section.

We have a couple of rebreather divers in that crew, but we usually don't do huge profiles, as we keep the dives <=90 mins.

I'm keen on doing some long shallower rebreather photography dives sometime, if you're interested. I usually don't go deeper than 90'. I've been known to do 3.5 hour photography dives at keystone! :)

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! As Eric said, there are plenty of photogs around here and several rebreather divers in the area as well, many of whom are tech divers.

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
pnwdiving
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pnwdiving »

YellowEye wrote:We have a bunch of photogs that hit the south south (Redondo or Three Tree) every Thursday night. Come join us, it is a lot of fun! Look for the "ThThTh" dives in the planning section.
Will do. I'm 10 minutes from Redondo and 20 from Three Tree and have dived each around 500 times (sad, but true).
YellowEye wrote:We have a couple of rebreather divers in that crew, but we usually don't do huge profiles, as we keep the dives <=90 mins.

I'm keen on doing some long shallower rebreather photography dives sometime, if you're interested. I usually don't go deeper than 90'. I've been known to do 3.5 hour photography dives at keystone! :)
Agree about depth. The vast majority of my photos are shot between 30-80 fsw. Life tapers off considerably below that. 3.5 hours would give me an excuse to buy that heater system I've been eyeing. =)
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Cool pics!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
pnwdiving
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pnwdiving »

YellowEye wrote:Cool pics!
Thanks! I haven't done much shooting in the last couple years and instead have been focusing on the tech stuff. I finished cave last month and MOD3 yesterday, so my plan is to get back into photography for the rest of the year.

We're planning to dive with the Thursday group this week, and maybe I'll see you up there. Two of my buddies, Kenny and Christian, have dived with the group a couple times, I think.