Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Post by KeithBoll »

After waiting for seven months for my boat to be built - I finally got it delivered the night before my one week vacation!
We spent time in Sequim going crabbing and shrimping - and that was a lot of fun.
But the real reason for this boat - is for diving!

My boat is a 24 foot North River Seahawk Hardtop. I had a "bait table" especially made out of stainless steel as a platform to put your BCD/tank on as you gear up. Also included is a dive ladder (longer and stronger than a typical swim ladder), heated cabin, and a windless.

Our maiden diving voyage was to one of my favorite boat dive locations on the Hood: Flagpole.
Wind was super calm - and less than one foot waves... it was a beautiful, sunny day.
Viz on the first dive (right before slack high tide) was outstanding - close to 25 feet (outstanding for August!).
Found three female GPOs with eggs in three of the usual (and most popular) dens!
Lots of the normal wolf eels - and one new couple that I don't remember seeing before.
Lots of nudies on the sand on the shallow side of the pinnacles.

I am super excited about visiting regularly and checking on these three "Moms".
And - it was a great day to be diving off my own boat - it's been five years since I had a dive boat!
Attachments
Keith and His Boat (1 of 1).jpg
GPO on Eggs at Flagpole (1 of 1).jpg
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Flagpole and First Outing on the New Boat

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Congrats!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

What a fantastic report. I'm so happy for you!!! We need more boat pics please. Sooo cool about the octos on eggs! I hope we can dive with you soon 😻💖🐙🐙🐙🥚🐣🥚🐣🐙🛥
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Congrats on the new boat and I love the name of it (Seahawk).

Great photo of that GPO on eggs too!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Wow, gorgeous boat, I would LOVE to dive it one day. I am good with gas money, and can even tie knot
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Keith: The boat seems well thought out. Congratulations. I look forward to reading about your exploits. Are you naming the boat?
-Curt
Happy to be alive.