Sund Rock Sunday 11/25/ 07

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

The more the merrier! \:D/

Sounds like a great Club Dive Event!

Bassman's Back From Surgery Club Dive! (Might have to move it to Redondo or carpool for parking however!)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Car pooling works fine for either location!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

BASSMAN wrote:I would like to see that big Ling that Hoover saw :smt119 on the fishing trawler!(sp?)
Later, diver dudes!
:smt035
This must be the one, This pic doesn't do it justice.....It was HUGE!!

sparky
I've Got Gills

Dive Report For Sunday 11/25/07 Sund Rock

Post by sparky »

I drove out to the Hood Canal real early just like I had intended to do and would you guess Nat at Hoods Port n Dive for got to leave a Key out for me. So I had to sit in the lot and Waite for the Shop to open and drifted off for a bit of a cat nap. When I woke up at about 8:45 or so the shop was open so i went in got my key and gate pass and headed for th div site.

I visited for a little with some other divers i know but did not dive with them I instead opted to make a couple Solo Dives on the north Wall
I spend about 40 minutes on each dive and got some relay grate pictures
well at least I like them
Water temp was real screwy for the day it was freaking cold in the shallows b bUT not to bad at depth first 10 to 15 feet as maybe 37 degrees. But once you drooped below that it was a nice 45 to 47 degrees

I managed to get two solo dives in and made them both on the north Wall
Hoover ( Matt ) made it out by about 11:00 and we geared up an headed to the South Wall

The usual crowd was hanging at the South Wall
Some Yellow Rockers and a few Black Rock fish as well ( I think )
on our way back in Matt found two really big Wolf Eels and by this time my Camera battery had died on me so I still don't have any wolf Eel pictures

this time we were down for the better part of 58 minutes , we headed over to The two anchors and the little boat and then in for a brake to find Tom And Keith waiting for us on the beach

I ran back down to the dive shop and had my tanks toped off and back to find Tom trying to organize a search party for me ( you know me when I get to B-S ing about diving .

So we gear up and head for the North Wall and the Fishing Boat
found a couple huge Lings on the Boat and in the process of trying to get a close up pic of one I had a slight issue

So up I'm going feet first ( damn Dry suit ) I cant get the air out of my boot and dump the expanding air in my wing fast enough.
so by the time I get this under control I am now plummeting back down like a rock on my back and cant get rolled over or air in my B C D fast enough to be of any help. I look and see I am going to miss the boat and decided the hell with it. I would just ride this out.

Well I zipped by Matt and he looks over at me, He did not have to be able to say a word I know what he was thinking. his eyes said it all

Matt " Sparky where the hell are you going? And why are you going there like that ? "

Tom true to his nature was the first one to my side to see if I was OK or needed air which B T W Tom was my trouble I had to much air in all the wrong places. So after a eventful 58 minutes we surface to find
Bassman ( Keith waiting for us with a dive light to light up the exit for us and help in any way he can thanks Keith you rock BRO

For those of you that could not make it we missed you
Water temp 37 surface 47 depth
vis was at least 30+ Feet
Sea life was every place and lots of it

here is a few pictures I'm really pleased with

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
hoover
Frequent Bubbler

Post by hoover »

Apologize for the pictures. Definitely don't compare to bob's. But sparky complained about not getting pics of the wolf eels.

was great seeing you again sparky. and great to meet tom and keith. hope to dive with you guys soon. out of town next weekend, but normally always diving somewhere.

It was a beautiful day to go diving. Freakin' frigid though. First time I have ever gotten cold diving. Had to blast the heater during the SI.

Yeah. See that back-scatter? Matt needs to buy a strobe I think. This was on the south wall.

If sparky would stop trying to hear the ocean in every single shell he swam by, he might have a little more time to pay attention to his bouyancy! :P Just kidding. I was sure you were trying to see under the boat for that big ling...and when you realized you couldn't see under the boat you were just trying to squeeze farther down into the mud by rolling around on your back flailing your arms!!! heh heh heh.

Great way to end the last dive (second for me, fourth for sparky, first for tom). The moon was out...big and orange.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Matt those are grate shots

I did happen to notice that while was stuck there on the bottom and on my back that nether of my dive buddies offered to help me right my self
I think they were to busy laughing at me

grate day thanks guys we will have to do it again real soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great panorama of Sund, Matt. Thanks for posting!

It is SO BEAUTIFUL when it is calm like that... usually in the morning before the afternoon wind kicks up. That is one of the things that makes me love that site. And seeing that huge orange moon coming up as we finished our last dive... Wow... what an amazing creation we get to share in. May we never loose the wonder... :prayer:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Okay,
I want to know how to sign to your buddy... :dontknow:

"I'm just recovering from an inverted ascent due to too much air in my boots and when I finally righted myself I dumped all the air from my suit and BC, now I'm just resting on the bottom like a turtle on his shell, trying to turn over, collecting my thoughts about how that was an interesting experience/event/ trick! hmmmm? What went wrong? and I don't want to do that anymore."
Hoover looks at Sparky with a look in his eye..."What The.." :smt119
Tom signals to Sparky..."Are you Okay?"
Sparky singnals Back..."Wait, I'm still thinking...Not sure....Yep!"
"I'm Alive!!!! :wav: Lets continue this dive"

This is why I came with Tom, I get a first hand dive report, with all of the
emotions. =D>
Man, I miss diving ](*,)

What a great bunch of guys!
Thanks, Keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

January Keith!!!!! JANUARY!!!!! :partyman:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

OK Keith thats enough
I have a feeling its going to be a long time be for I live that one down

But it sure was a grate day for it

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

BASSMAN wrote: Man, I miss diving ](*,)

Miss diving?? ... I missed something.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Sparky - you'll have to come back up in January when Keith gets back in the water!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:
BASSMAN wrote: Man, I miss diving ](*,)

Miss diving?? ... I missed something.
My buddy Keith just had back surgery... good (it fixed pretty serious pain), bad (it knocked out diving for a few months!)
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

bnboly wrote:Sparky - you'll have to come back up in January when Keith gets back in the water!
I am hopeing to be able to make it for that but I am not repeating the feet first trick so you guys can just get that idea out of your headsright now :smt064

so dont even think about it
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

bnboly wrote::crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Don't feel to bad ask any one that dives with me on a regular basis
it is only a matter of time be for I do something to make fool out of my self again

probably real soon to lol

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sparky, you are not the foolish one.

I would think the foolish one is the person that lets his boots take him all the way to the surface!

You discoverd a problem and delt with it. =D>

Looking fwd to diving with you again some day. :salute:
writing about your anventure is the closest I've been to diving in the last few months. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: