Holy DIve Sheild Batman

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Holy DIve Sheild Batman

Post by Maverick »

Guys Great news for us Divers that invest hundreds or even thousands (Calvin Nailer99) I have an even better film in the field being testested as we speak.

As many of you know My Auto Detail Shop Has come up with an bullet proof ultra clear dive computer screen cover. Many on this site swear by it (Grateful diver, John Rawlings chime in any time). It is ultra clear and scratch resistant.
My new film is even more clear I am just testing it to see if it is as scratch resisant as my previous film.

the price is unbeatable, just an idea of how the prices are, your basic puck cover is about 10-15 dollars, and the larger computers like the cochran and Proplus 2, or shearwaters run about 20-30.

it is the greatest cover out there and I am currently working with a few local shops to stock it, One in particular is hoodsport and dive, the owner Don Kinney of Edmonds technical diving has agreed to try it and see how it works out. the shops will only stock film for the computers that they carry but can order any cover I have available.

I do offer a discount on computers that I don't have a pattern for because I need the computer to make the first one. Ifanyone has any questions please let me know as this is going change the clarity of diving and protect your huge investment.
Spgs on deco bottles are also very popular as are camera housing displays.

Calvin and Nailer think it is easier to read you computer underwater with this film applied, I would have to agree.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Mav I will take one for my Nitek Duo. I think you already have the pattern dont you? Maybe I can grab it when I bring in the Audi to have you work on. I think I may take one for my SPG on my deco bottle as well. It tends to get a bit of abuse.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

ive had the previous film on my duo, nitek he, and a few spgs and it does kick ass. the clear plastic covers that usually come with computers are crap in comparison.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hi Mav! I really need one for my Oceanic ProPlus2 before it gets any more dinged up. How can we hook up? Over the holidays perhaps? Let me know.

Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

lets take a swim and when we are done I will apply one. I will make your screen look like new. It will take out scratches when applied, but not goudges (spelling check on that one my friend, sparky can you spell that one?)
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I'll have to also request a cover for the ProPlus 2! Maybe the 3 of us (Tom, you and me) can meet up for a dive or two!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

"but not goudges (spelling check on that one my friend, sparky can you spell that one?)"

Close, but it is- "gouges". Still, your spelling is probably better than mine (I used my pocket dictionary)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Maverick wrote:lets take a swim and when we are done I will apply one. I will make your screen look like new. It will take out scratches when applied, but not goudges (spelling check on that one my friend, sparky can you spell that one?)
Mav, Bnboly and I will be diving Friday, most likely at 3 Tree, at least 2 tanks. Can you come during the day or do you work real people hours? If you had to come after work perhaps we could hang around for a 3rd dive and computer screen fixin'.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Maverick wrote:lets take a swim and when we are done I will apply one. I will make your screen look like new. It will take out scratches when applied, but not goudges (spelling check on that one my friend, sparky can you spell that one?)
I can now
Charles hooked me up with a spell check that works on the INTERNET forms as long as I remember to use the thing
so kiss my foot Mav.

Dude we need to hook for a dive soon and you can ring the chili

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I had the "old" film installed on 2 NiTek 3s, 1 NiTek He and a VR-3 and have been immensely happy with the product. The clarity is astonishing, plus most of the existing scratches that were on the plastic screens on the NiTeks just disappeared. The screen on the VR-3 is glass, and a couple of the previously existing scratches are still visible.

I just took two more VR-3's in to Maverick's shop to have the "new" film installed on them. I just got them and wanted them protected before I even get into the water with them. The new film looks great and I intend to give it a work-out diving over the next month or so.

Good product, Mav!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Loved it on my Vytec ... and on Cheng's computer.

Gotta get up there with my new 'puter ... Aladdin Tech 2G and get it done. The computer's less than a month old, and the plastic cover that came with it is already getting hard to read.

BTW - works great on camera housings too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

thanks all for enjoying and trying my computer covers, they are by far the most superior product out there.
Mav
Maverick

STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, this stuff's great! I'm still not sure why Mav had to measure my inseam 4 times :pale: to put a clear shield on my computer, but he's the professional, so I guess he knows what he's doing..... :salute:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

YOur the carpenter Nailer99, you should know you always measure 4 times and cut once!
Maverick

STAIRS.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Grateful Diver wrote:Aladdin Tech 2G and get it done.
Sign me up for one of these if you get around to having some made. . .
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Steding as soon as i use bob's to make a pattern on my cad program I will PM to set up a time to install one for you.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

My computer takes even the hardest beatings from those pesky Persian invaders.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Maverick wrote:Steding as soon as i use bob's to make a pattern on my cad program I will PM to set up a time to install one for you.
Awesome.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Calvin wrote:My computer takes even the hardest beatings from those pesky Persian invaders.
I can contest to that, Calvin have you been using your RB????? I am going to go with the Revo E when it is finished. Did you have your friend trick it out yet?
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Dude the cochran is rockn the dive shield well. :rr:
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd be up for one for a Vytec and one for an Aladin Tech 2g, too . . . How do I go about getting them?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

you in the shop wed mav?? need another duo cover.

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I am there everyday, and if I'm not there I am divng with you so you know I and no there dude. Your funnny awh awh
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Call Benjamin At Metropolitan Detail In Lynnwood washington
425-672-8140 or PM Maverick Me On this site if interested, remember if i don't have your pattern and you leave your computer with me overnight you get a sweet deal, disclosed on site! :partyman:
Maverick

STAIRS.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

DO NOT TRUST BENJAMIN WITH YOUR STUFF!!! now bj on the other hand is a stand up dude and will treat you right :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

seriously though bj and his crew at metropolitan detail did the most amazing job on my truck. the funny thing is that anytime ive been to his shop there are the most expensive mercedes and customs being worked on i felt my truck was lowering his shops standards