Problem with UK C8 eLED Plus light

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Re: Problem with UK C8 eLED Plus light

Post by nwscubamom »

Well, I know it's not the batteries, because I just took an identical head from another light we had (same model) and put it on the body and batteries I have in mine, and it lights up just fine. The problem has been isolated to the head itself at this point - either the LED's (doubtful) or the circuitry itself or something. I'm going to have to send it in...just have no time quite yet to do so!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Problem with UK C8 eLED Plus light

Post by overandunderwater »

frustrating isn't it? I spent days taking part my light just to find out my batteries weren't sitting on top of each other well. I ordered a conaister light, won't have to worry to much about it anymore.

Good luck!
hoover
Frequent Bubbler

Re:

Post by hoover »

Nwbrewer wrote: Do a little testing on the switch and see if you can find where the issue is. I'm sure it can be fixed, but how easily and how much $$$ is another story.

i have had a C4 eled be intermittent lately. giving it a hearty rap with your palm on the rear end made it start working again... some sort of contact problem. anyway, also have c8 eled plus (the one with the black dot in the middle of the lens) which i have't had issues with.

if it is reproducible, just call UK (don't email...they are really slow) and get an RMA and send it in. they are VERY good about taking care of their stuff. i had bought a used first gen. light cannon on ebay. worked when i got it, first dive out it flooded due to cracks in the lens that i didn't see (under the rubber boot)...and as i flushed it with alcohol, busted the bulb (had a lot of hours on it anyway). i told UK i bought it used and it wasn't a warranty item, but sent it in expecting to pay parts and labor...for whatever reason, they just sent me back a BRAND NEW (or refurb) light cannon (bulb and everything) and didn't charge me.

so anyway, that is my UK plug (they took good care of me). so just send it in if it is a problem again. this is why we carry backup lights...right?! :)