DAN 02 Kits & Safety Sausages

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

DAN 02 Kits & Safety Sausages

Post by Tangfish »

I talked to the DAN folks at the diver's fair today and they mentioned that I might be able to get a group buy for the dive club on the 02 kits and their new safety sausages. The 02 kits are something that can make the difference between managing a DCS incident and having one be tragic. I have talked to some of you and we've come to the agreement that we should probably have at least some to have on hand. I know that these kits are not cheap ($400-500), but perhaps we can get a good discount from the dive shop.

The new DAN safety sausage kits are awesome. They're huge, have a signaling mirror, light stick and whistle inside and have a metallic paint stripe for visibility at night. The coast guard apparently rescued some divers off of Cozumel who were stranded for 4 hours and out of the 4 sausages they could only see the DAN one (so they say, but hey.. DAN is pretty trustworthy, no?). Anyway, these go for about 50 bucks normally but I think if we buy a number of them together through UWS we can get them for 37 each.

Is anyone interested in putting together a group buy?
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I would be interestied in one of the DAN safety kits.
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yo. I'm down for this. 02 is a great thing.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

i want a big reflective DAN sausage kit thingy!! count me in.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

damn, calvin! who doesn't like sausage? :smt038
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
JDelage
Frequent Bubbler

Post by JDelage »

I'd get a sausage.
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

Im getting a sausage for sure!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Why do I get the feeling this thread is about to go down a road that has nothing to do with signaling devices?! :supz:

I'll bring mine to the gas management seminar for all to see. It's got a lot of great features - oral and LP hose inflation, lift bag type inflation (can have air blown in from the bottom, it's extra wide (about 5"), has lots of reflective markings on it including a huge reflective stripe down the back, and has lots of ways to clip/attach/rig it in many different ways. It also can double as a light-weight (I think they said 30#?) lift bag. The only negative thing I can see is that it's a bit wider when rolled up than I would have hoped... but that's a small price to pay for such a versitle piece of gear.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Mmmmm... sausage!!

I'm in!

Hey Sounder, you ought to try and return your kit. I'm sure you could come up with a good story! Hey, maybe even tell them the truth! :salute:
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

lol; yeah ... the last thing actually works pretty well sometimes. =D>
my FLICKR photo sets
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Count me in for the DAN sausage kit - prob two, in fact (one for my better half).

Thanks!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I am in the market for a new safety sausage so I am glad I found this. Do you happen to have an online link to the kit? I'm looking to replace the one I currently use with something of higher quality. I think it is worth an extra few bucks to get something really well made which I would assume the DAN is. I'm in
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i'm thinking it's here. :-)
Last edited by thelawgoddess on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
my FLICKR photo sets
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Count me in for at least one sausage or maybe two at that price. I hope you can get them at that price.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Calvin, have you talked to Mike at Hoodsport Dive, He was selling O2kits to instructors and dm's a couple of years ago for like $250. It is complete and is the one I carry on my Zodiac. You might talk to them.

Charles
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

that sounds great. Do you know how to get in touch with him via email?
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Post by RSdancey »

I've got one of those rigs, but have yet to find a good option for getting it filled.
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Northwest Sports Divers and TL Sea both fill medical/DAN O2 bottles, and probably 5th D in Issaquah (but don't quote me).

-Valerie
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

So, I can't show up and say "Valerie says you fill medical grade O2. Well, whaddya have to say 'bout that?!" *followed by an angry stare* :smt064
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Calvin Tang wrote:that sounds great. Do you know how to get in touch with him via email?
I think it is hsd(at)hctc(dot)com Here is their web site. http://www.hoodsportndive.com/

I get mine refilled at local air-gas co. I had to get a O2 prescription from my doctor for them.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks for the info Chuck. I sent off an email to him. Also, I edited the email address in your post so it doesn't get picked up by the spam bots.

:)

Calvin
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

you can check with the nice folks at northwest sports divers in kenmore by emailing info(at)nwsportsdivers(dot)com ...
my FLICKR photo sets
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Thanks Calvin.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Calvin what kind of sausage are you offering, oh I see the DAN kind, count me in. Are they the 55Lb lift bag/sausage ones or what.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maverick, Dan has a 55lb sausage for you to take anytime, all you have to do is *insert inappropriate mental image here* :smt064