Question

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Re: Question

Post by Fishstiq »

one could unleash ones lightning to smite mighty blows against ones enemies, couldn't one? I'm just not seeing a downside to that.
Is this part of the "Silent minions stalking enemies at 4ata in cove 2"? Okay, here's a theroy...

The Space Marines find LIAB (Lightning In A Bottle), nickname it Lunar Infidel Ass Blaster, and unleash it mercilessly against the Space Vampires. The Space Vampires have no response for this, cannot recover, and surrender to the Space Marines while pleading for mercy. The Galactic Jarheads show no mercy to the Immortal Bloodsuckers, and force them into a yellow sun through the use of Fire and Maneuver. The Space Vampires are destroyed, and the Space Marines celebrate victory by throwing an intergalactic kegger and empregnating every female in the local solar system.

Done.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nailer99 wrote:
spatman wrote:so what prompted you to post this question in the first place?
The same thing that makes me wonder who would win a war between the Space Marines and the Space Vampires.

I ponder the really important questions, while other people agonize about trivial things.
Nailer,
It's obvious that you have more than enough time. I can see why you would like to have a bottle of lightning just to play around with. A little in the scooter, Alittle in the rebreather, a little in the ultimate dive van. And if you have any left over,
you can put some in your PC and dive computers.

I personally could use all the time I can get my hands on. If for nothing else, it would be used in equal portions for diving and spending time with my family.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Fishstiq wrote:The Space Marines find LIAB (Lightning In A Bottle), nickname it Lunar Infidel Ass Blaster
That must have been the lightning in a bottle that someone gave me. They said it was "white" lightning, which I took to mean "good". I lost a whole lotta time after that. If you find some time, I think it's mine.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

BASSMAN wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:
spatman wrote:so what prompted you to post this question in the first place?
The same thing that makes me wonder who would win a war between the Space Marines and the Space Vampires.

I ponder the really important questions, while other people agonize about trivial things.
Nailer,
It's obvious that you have more than enough time. I can see why you would like to have a bottle of lightning just to play around with. A little in the scooter, Alittle in the rebreather, a little in the ultimate dive van. And if you have any left over,
you can put some in your PC and dive computers.

I personally could use all the time I can get my hands on. If for nothing else, it would be used in equal portions for diving and spending time with my family.
I never have enough time, either- I have a pretty hectic life. But I know that MORE time insn't the answer- it would just get filled up with more stuff I probably don't want to do in the first place! I just think a bottle of lightning would be cooler.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Fishstiq wrote:
one could unleash ones lightning to smite mighty blows against ones enemies, couldn't one? I'm just not seeing a downside to that.
Is this part of the "Silent minions stalking enemies at 4ata in cove 2"? Okay, here's a theroy...

The Space Marines find LIAB (Lightning In A Bottle), nickname it Lunar Infidel Ass Blaster, and unleash it mercilessly against the Space Vampires. The Space Vampires have no response for this, cannot recover, and surrender to the Space Marines while pleading for mercy. The Galactic Jarheads show no mercy to the Immortal Bloodsuckers, and force them into a yellow sun through the use of Fire and Maneuver. The Space Vampires are destroyed, and the Space Marines celebrate victory by throwing an intergalactic kegger and empregnating every female in the local solar system.

Done.
Brilliant! And much better than Hollywood can produce, most of the time. They'd probably try and turn this little gem into a romantic comedy.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

I am naming my X scooter TES.
and if I am fortunate enough to get a second one, it will be called NIK.

Lightning or Time....

In light of the scooter names, one can correctly assume Lightning. With that harnessed in a bottle, I'd then have a way to solve some of our global energy issues... Who need coal, wind or water generators when you have LIGHTING!!!! I'd also have a really good way to solve some of these never ending conflicts without concern of a nuke induced holocaust. "STOP... NOW... OR YOU WILL BE INCINERATED!" Being a force of nature would be pretty cool ;)

I already found time in a can AKA Sugar Free Red Bull...
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

ljjames wrote:I am naming my X scooter TES.
and if I am fortunate enough to get a second one, it will be called NIK.

Lightning or Time....

In light of the scooter names, one can correctly assume Lightning. With that harnessed in a bottle, I'd then have a way to solve some of our global energy issues... Who need coal, wind or water generators when you have LIGHTING!!!! I'd also have a really good way to solve some of these never ending conflicts without concern of a nuke induced holocaust. "STOP... NOW... OR YOU WILL BE INCINERATED!" Being a force of nature would be pretty cool ;)

I already found time in a can AKA Sugar Free Red Bull...
I'm happy to see that at least one other person here sees the basic superiority of lightning over time. Is "NIK" short for "Nikola?"

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote:

Done.
:laughing3: :supz:

My friend Mike's wedding vows to his wife included the line "I will still love you even after the aliens come down from the sky to impregnate you". Good to know that wasn't just his imagination and that the vampires won't win! Having a wife impregnated by a Space Vampire would probably kinda suck. Space marines are probably okay.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

There was a time, not too long ago, when a wayward man came across another race of beings. He did his best to communicate with them, and for a time he thought that they were making progress. He watched them do what they did, and he did his best to emulate them, but there was always something different, something that would remind him that he would never really fit in. After enough time had passed, he realized that he didn't really belong with these mysterious creatures, that they were just too different. He began to believe that there was actually something wrong with the way they thought, there perceptions and their reality, and he began to fear them.....They were,

The NWDC!

I actually respected you people. But now you're scaring the hell out of me!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Pez7378 wrote:I actually respected you people. But now you're scaring the hell out of me!
They livin’ it up at the Northwest Dive Club Forum
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis...

Plenty of room at the Northwest Dive Club Forum
Any time of year, you can find it here...

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

:pale:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

airsix wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:I actually respected you people. But now you're scaring the hell out of me!
They livin’ it up at the Northwest Dive Club Forum
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis...

Plenty of room at the Northwest Dive Club Forum
Any time of year, you can find it here...

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

:pale:
:laughing3:
Bravo!!! =D> =D> =D> :notworthy:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

You see, THIS is a perfect example of what happens when you stop arguing splits vs. paddles!! :supz: :toimonster:

Good think I had my coffee (red bull lite) before I started reading this thread! :smt119

And BTW, I'll take time as well.

And I'm glad the Space Marines won.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Nik and Tes.... Yup.

Gotta love the brushless motor ;)

Nailer99 wrote:
I'm happy to see that at least one other person here sees the basic superiority of lightning over time. Is "NIK" short for "Nikola?"
Attachments
df20051003.jpg
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Lightening. I just want to "smote" something :) I figure I had unlimited time at one point and it seemed to go by very very slowly. If I was given "free time" it would run through my fingers like free money. Poof gone.

Now the burnt spot after smoting something, anything, in true biblical fashion... That would be timeless :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

"I would rather live 40 years, full of fire, memories and whiskey, than 70 years of tedium, quiet and boredom."

My old man said that to me when I was 16...... He died when I was 18 but I still think that he was right.

Lightning, please.
Last edited by Marc on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Blitz wrote:"I would rather live 40 years, full of fire, memories and whiskey, rather than 70 years of tedium, quiet and boredom."

My old man said that to me when I was 16...... He died when I was 18 but I still think that he was right.

Lightning, please.
By far the best case for Lightning yet.

"Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

I'd have to agree with Blitz-if all you have in the end is a bunch of time then what good was it all? For whats its worth I'm right in the middle of young & old-I've lived with time as my only ally alone & miserable surrounded by many-I've also held the lightening for the briefest moment in time and if any of those lightening moments had been my last it would have been ok with me-I understand the reasons people give for wanting time-I have children & can especially relate to wanting more time with them yet I teach my children to dream & to chase those dreams-hard to believe anyone who does something as magical as diving could think any other way-How many people in our world will never see the things we have seen-I shudder to think I was almost one of them.
I've never met you nailer but I've read many of your posts & I think you are definitely both a dreamer & crazy-so far I like you-keep up the good work =D>
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I like all the responses, but I've got one more pitch for time.

Time is the fundamental element. I can create anything with time. It's the one thing from which all else springs forth. Do you want wealth? Give me time and I will compound your interest. Are you hungry? Give me time and I will grow you food. Time to rest, time to work, time to find love. Time to learn. Time is the building block of all things. Build a family, a neighborhood, city, nation... Time is the root of all these things. Lightning will not build a reef, educate a child, or find answers. Time is the most valuable commodity there is.

...and I don't need lightning because John Moses Browning created the .45 auto.

-Ben (just coming off 4 hours of Puget Sound bottom time in 24hrs and feeling totally PUMPED!)
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

airsix wrote:...and I don't need lightning because John Moses Browning created the .45 auto.
Amen, brother!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

airsix wrote:Time is the fundamental element. I can create anything with time.
including long-winded posts that require the rest of us to use up our bottles of time to read.

:smt064
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

"Hey! Mean!"
- My daughter at age 2. (Spoken authoritatively with surprise and disapproval).
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:
including long-winded posts that require the rest of us to use up our bottles of time to read.

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4983
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:

Stronzo. :bootyshake:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:
spatman wrote:

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4983

AHEM.

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... d=a#p58807
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote: AHEM.
sounder wrote:Stronzo. :bootyshake:
Masungit! :bootyshake: