Where have all the photos gone?

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Where have all the photos gone?

Post by Dusty2 »

It's been pretty quite photo wise lately so here are a few from redndo this week to see if we can get things going again.
A pretty Sailfin that posed for me. Click on any picture to see the larger version
1814sm.JPG
A very pregnant little grunt sculpin
1690sm.JPG
And one on the pipe boat
1783sm.JPG
A couple of leopard dorids making more
1786sm.JPG
A nice little red octo
1733cu.JPG
and a nice Blackeyed hermit
1749cu.JPG
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Where have all the photos gone?

Post by airsix »

Thank you Dusty (and the other active photographers here [Jan, Ron, Bob...]). It's always nice to stagger out of one of the politically heated threads, fall into a thread like this, and say "Oh, thank goodness. Some pictures! \:D/ " I come to threads like this for their healing powers. :salute:

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Here are a few more from DIW on Monday......
Attachments
CIMG0952.JPG
CIMG0951.JPG
CIMG0939.JPG
CIMG0927.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Just haven't had the time to upload pics as of late... and have sometimes wondered if people get tired of them. I suppose some do and some don't...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Just haven't had the time to upload pics as of late... and have sometimes wondered if people get tired of them. I suppose some do and some don't...
Hey if they don't want to look they don't have to. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: and there are allot of us that like to look and really enjoy all the pretty pictures.No matter who posted them. What I get real tired of is all the cussing and discussing on these other threads. Well maybe not cussing but you know what I mean.

My main reason for being here is the critter forum and finding new fiends to dive with and hopefully new places to play. I even like hearing reports about dives and places I have no intention of going to or ever doing.
GetWet
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GetWet »

pictures, more pictures! :hello2:

Thanks... M
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Dusty2 wrote:Hey if they don't want to look they don't have to. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: and there are allot of us that like to look and really enjoy all the pretty pictures.No matter who posted them. What I get real tired of is all the cussing and discussing on these other threads. Well maybe not cussing but you know what I mean.
hey, you don't have to read them if you don't want to. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :smt064

i enjoy the pictures, too, so please keep posting them.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

hey, you don't have to read them if you don't want to. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :smt064
I promise I won't Image
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Here's my contribution for the moment. At Redondo back in February, we found this red rock crab trying to chow down on a live gaper (or geoduck, it's hard to tell because the siphons are in the crab's mouth). He was tugging on it repeatedly like a robin pulling on a particularly stubborn worm, and not really getting anywhere with it. What was really funny was the way he couldn't decide whether he wanted to use his claws to hang on to the potential meal, or wave them at us to try and pick a fight. He kept going from one to the other and back again. We finally moved on and let him get on with his meal.
eatagaper3.jpg
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Penelope and I went to the Mukilteo Clay wall on Wednesday evening. A few of the highlights -

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice Shots Jake! And you captured the Tube Snouts - good job, those little buggers are hard to photograph.

This Penpoint Gunnel in the shallows at TTN was easily 2' long, the biggest, fattest gunnel I've ever seen. It was at least 2-3 inches deep. It's interesting to look at the size of the head compared to the rest of the body. Makes me wonder about some of those other guys I've seen with just the head poking out!

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Tom Nic wrote:... and have sometimes wondered if people get tired of them. I suppose some do and some don't...
The do's don't count, and the don'ts do. The don'ts are dying for more pictures, so post away. : ) Does that make any sense? Your going to Bonaire! It's FRIDAY! I'm a little wacky! Goodbye.
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

airsix wrote:Thank you Dusty (and the other active photographers here [Jan, Ron, Bob...]). It's always nice to stagger out of one of the politically heated threads, fall into a thread like this, and say "Oh, thank goodness. Some pictures! \:D/ " I come to threads like this for their healing powers. :salute:

-Ben
Typical knee-jerk liberal statement. What's the matter, did you leave your "crystal healing kit" at the last drum circle?

:evil4:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote: What's the matter, did you leave your "crystal healing kit" at the last drum circle?
:evil4:
yeah, at burning man, in the same peruvian knit bag as his patchouli oil and nag champa incense.

:smt064
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:in the same peruvian knit bag as his patchouli oil and nag champa incense.
:smt064
Wow, that takes me back...I was so excited the day I found nag champa perfume oil....

Then I got tired of being broke and got a job. :smt035 :supz:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I have no idea what you hippies are talking about. :dontknow:

I still love you like brothers though. :occasion5:
-Ben
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

airsix wrote:I have no idea what you hippies are talking about. :dontknow:
Is that what their problem is??? To much LDS in the sixties. :smt119 :evil4:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Nice Shots Jake! And you captured the Tube Snouts - good job, those little buggers are hard to photograph.

This Penpoint Gunnel in the shallows at TTN was easily 2' long, the biggest, fattest gunnel I've ever seen. It was at least 2-3 inches deep. It's interesting to look at the size of the head compared to the rest of the body. Makes me wonder about some of those other guys I've seen with just the head poking out!
Awesome shots on that penpoint Tom! I been seein some big ones lately too but they are really hard to catch out in the open.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dusty2 wrote:
LDS? Like Latter Day Saints?

LDS? Like, Local Dive Shop?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. :smt119
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sounder wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:

The geeks among us will recognize that as a quote from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home... :smt024
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

scottsax wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:

The geeks among us will recognize that as a quote from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home... :smt024
Count me among those, though I generally think of myself more as a nerd than a geek.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

scottsax wrote:The geeks among us will recognize that as a quote from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home... :smt024
Ah Ha! Thought maybe I might be the only one to understand that one! Treckies RULE!! \:D/ \:D/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Dusty2 wrote:Ah Ha! Thought maybe I might be the only one to understand that one! Treckies RULE!! \:D/ \:D/
anyone ever seen the trekkies documentary? funny stuff. i think penopolypants and scottsax have cameos...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:Ah Ha! Thought maybe I might be the only one to understand that one! Treckies RULE!! \:D/ \:D/
anyone ever seen the trekkies documentary? funny stuff. i think penopolypants and scottsax have cameos...

Were you the guy who kept asking Sulu for some of his blood?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
Hey! I've only been to one convention! Er...nevermind....
Attachments
startrekscott.jpg