Diver from WI seeking buddy this week!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Diver from WI seeking buddy this week!

Post by eliseaboo »

Hello divers!

I had introduced myself a while back (http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6581) thinking I'd be around beginning March 5 or so. As it turns out, we made good time driving out here and we're here ahead of schedule!! I start training for my job the morning of March 5, after which time I'll only be free one day and a few nights a week. However, if anyone is free for a dive this week, or would even like to grab dinner or a drink :occasion5: so I could meet some dive buddies, let me know :)

I have managed to round up nearly a full set of equipment from my buddies back in Madison, except for a compass and a good pair of dive mitts/gloves, so I should be nearly set to go diving! I just finished my second log book (yay!) and my most recent dive was under the ice Feb 8th. I'll be on Orcas Island, and though I'm willing to travel a little bit I won't be taking my car off the island and am not familiar with the area. I'd need a bit of direction if I'm going elsewhere...

That's all I can think of about me right now...looking forward to meeting some of you!!

-Elise
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: Diver from WI seeking buddy this week!

Post by Sounder »

What are you doing on Orcas Island?

Taking your car off-island is quite easy - Washington has the largest ferry system in the country (world?). You won't be making day-trips to Cove 2 in West Seattle "just because," but you could easily do a weekend or an overnight... and there are lots of people who have extra bedrooms to share if you want to stay over.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Re: Diver from WI seeking buddy this week!

Post by eliseaboo »

Well, I just got here this morning and driving in the Seattle area makes me crazy since I'm not familiar with the area. I'm willing to hop on a ferry myself though.

I'm working at the YMCA camp on Orcas Island. As such, I'd probably not have a lot of, if any, free weekends, since I'll be working odd combinations of days with only one full day off each week, which won't be a weekend day. Not sure if that makes any sense...basically weekend trips would be difficult if not impossible for me until my employment is over in June.