Following directions

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Following directions

Post by Jenbowes »

So, I'm BRAND new to diving, having received my open water cert from Capital Divers (and I cannot recommend them highly enough!) on March 1st, and I went on my 7th open water dive yesterday, which includes my four open water certification dives.

My boyfriend agreed to do three running events and one biking event with me this year and I agreed to get SCUBA certified. I'm adoring diving, which means that I'm getting the best end of our agreement, because he hates running.

Anyway, I'm pleased to be part of the pack now and I look forward to years of diving!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Following directions

Post by nwbobber »

Welcome to the pack! Were you part of the group at Titlow saturday? If so we were supposed to dive with you but went to Day Island with Mark, Carolyn and John instead. I hope someday soon we'll get a chance to meet. Enjoy yourself, and dive safe!
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the club Jen! :clap:
Welcome to the addiction! :toimonster:
Welcome to best board on the net for finding info and dive oppurtunities! :smt024
Maybe we will see you and your boyfriend at the Club Dive at Redondo on March 28th!(or March 29th). :grouphug:
Maybe I'll see you two, hanging out at a local dive, soon!(Funny how that's a good thing ,huh?) :evil4:
As a brand new diver, please don't hesitate to post some of your new experiences / dives, in the "Dive Report" section.
We all enjoy reading reports from new :snorkel: and old :rawlings: divers.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome to our madhouse! If you need any advise or info just post it here and you will get lots of feedback.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Sounds like you have a built-in dive buddy, but if you're ever in need of one, this is a great place to give a holler!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

And don't be afraid to ask questions. There's no such thing as a dumb question here, I learned that real quick. You might get teased a little, because after all everybody here is a little goofy, but that's part of the fun. There's an indescribable trove of info here, so tap into it as much as you desire.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome! Dive, keep diving, and dive some more!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Are you coming to the Club Dive this weekend?

Lots of Big Buddies you can partner up with, and Redondo's pretty fun...

Oh, and welcome, by the way!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the NWDC! I've met a fair number of NW divers on this very site! Here is just a sampling of the folks I've met:

:spatman: :angry: :joshsmith: :penelope: :rawlings: :calvin: :eric: :luv:

This is me on the left---->>>>> :chrisnjoe: <<<<<----and this is my buddy Joe.

Welcome!!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:
This is me on the left---->>>>> :kissing: <<<<<----and this is my buddy Joe.

Welcome!!

Why would you admit that?
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
This is me on the left---->>>>> :kissing: <<<<<----and this is my buddy Joe.

Welcome!!

Why would you admit that?
Cause the only reason they do this, :chrisnjoe:

Is so they can make up, and do this :kissing:

Welcome, Jen
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl". A little of each...... Hope to see you at the club dive. Now get wet.
Charles
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Ignore them Jen :blah: . You know how it is, when you have a friend, :highfive: and all your other friends are jealous because you both went to the mall, and didn't invite them :crybaby: .............This is the man version of that. Just ignore them. Maybe one day, they'll grow up. :grouphug:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Maybe one day, they'll grow up. :grouphug:
...and isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

:wedgie:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Perhaps it would be a dangerous thing for me to dive with any of you, actually, b/c I sense some practical jokes may be played.

WHICH inspired me to post the photo you now see. While out on the fun dive this past weekend with Matt and Waynne, Waynne gave me a sea cucumber. I wasn't sure what it was (because I don't know diddly yet about sea creatures, but I'm learning!) and I wasn't sure why he was handing it to me. But, I'm nothing if not supportive and compliant and so I swam with that damn thing for about 10 minutes, long enough for Matt to obtain humiliating evidence of my dunce-headedness. Finally, Waynne took mercy on me and told me to toss it.

I was sad.

I'd named him Bob.
:uh:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jenbowes wrote:Perhaps it would be a dangerous thing for me to dive with any of you, actually, b/c I sense some practical jokes may be played.

WHICH inspired me to post the photo you now see. While out on the fun dive this past weekend with Matt and Waynne, Waynne gave me a sea cucumber. I wasn't sure what it was (because I don't know diddly yet about sea creatures, but I'm learning!) and I wasn't sure why he was handing it to me. But, I'm nothing if not supportive and compliant and so I swam with that damn thing for about 10 minutes, long enough for Matt to obtain humiliating evidence of my dunce-headedness. Finally, Waynne took mercy on me and told me to toss it.

I was sad.

I'd named him Bob.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Jenbowes wrote:Perhaps it would be a dangerous thing for me to dive with any of you, actually, b/c I sense some practical jokes may be played.
there are often some practical jokes played, but i assure you none are dangerous. humiliating, maybe. dangerous, nah.

welcome!
Dive 4 God
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Dive 4 God »

Welcome to the dive community Jen! Hope you will be able to show up on Saturday. It should be a blast. It will be my first time diving with these crazies too so we can laugh together! Happy diving! :boucegreen:
--Trish
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I was sad.

I'd named him Bob.
Priceless :laughing3:
Jen, those are the reports we all like to read, You'll fit in just fine! :thumb3d:
Just be happy he didn't do what my buddy, Diver Dave, did with his Sea Cucumber find up in Sitka, Alaska!
I should not go into all the details :lalala: but it did include a little uderwater dance! :evil4:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Jenbowes wrote: ... so I swam with that damn thing for about 10 minutes, long enough for Matt to obtain humiliating evidence of my dunce-headedness. Finally, Waynne took mercy on me and told me to toss it.

I was sad.

I'd named him Bob.
:rofl: Great avy! I'll think of "Bob" everytime I see one. Welcome!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I was sad.

I'd named him Bob.
Stick around, you'll see that most of the jokes happen above the surface around here and doing unsafe things tends to earn people a verbal :arsespank:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Never fear,, There may be allot of joking and hi jinks on the board but you are talking to probably the safest most well trained divers in the northwest or anywhere else for that matter.
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

Hola Jenbowes! Welcome to the club! There are lots of great folks here, and uber good info. :breakdance:
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Dusty2 wrote:Never fear,, There may be allot of joking and hi jinks on the board but you are talking to probably the safest most well trained divers in the northwest or anywhere else for that matter.
Well said! Welcome to the board Jenbowes!
Sean