New to diving the NW/getting back into diving.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

New to diving the NW/getting back into diving.

Post by Rooinater »

quick and dirty,
I'm originally from this grand old state of Washington, and at 18 I went into the Marine Corp. While I was stationed for training in Pensacola, FL (2003) I got my basic open water from NAUI at MBT Divers, than my advanced the following month, and my 40% Nitrox from SSI the following month. I then got stationed in Yuma, AZ for the remaining 4 years of my contract and my diving went to the way side due to a lack of local access. On my last deployment 2005 - 2006 I got to do some diving done in Okinawa, and during that deployment all of my dive gear that was left home got stolen from my buddies house which got ran sacked... I moved back to Washington to go to college in 2007, and after several years and some pushing from my present girlfriend, I recollected all my gear and started diving again this weekend. My first 2 dives in the NW was Saturday at Les Davis, and than 2 more this Sunday at the Edmunds Underwater Park, than today there is 2 more dives planned for Les Davis. I'm finally getting the weight fine tuned and my buoyancy back into check. I'm once again hooked, how I've missed this sport!

:partydance:

Pics taken by Sonia,
1st dive in WA

Edmonds
Last edited by Rooinater on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: New to diving the NW/getting back into diving.

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Welcome to NWDC! You'll fing a ton of new dive buddies here, there's a large very active group of south end divers. If you ever make it up to the north end check out one of our Monday or Wednesday dives at Mukilteo. Glad to hear you've rediscovered your passion for diving!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Welcome to NWDC, glad you found it. The box you were talking about at Edmonds, was what I was trying to explain. Not really sure what to call it. Hope to see more pics and reports.

Sheahan
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Hey man welcome back! I live up 16 a lil' in Port Orchard. We've been trying to get some diving going on every wed. night, usually either at Harper's or down on the south side at Les Davis/Lobster Shop Wall or something. If you're ever interested drop me a line we are more then welcome to bring ya along. Really, whenever ya need a buddy drop me a line, it never hurts to ask right.

Austin
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

kitsapdiver wrote:Hey man welcome back! I live up 16 a lil' in Port Orchard. We've been trying to get some diving going on every wed. night, usually either at Harper's or down on the south side at Les Davis/Lobster Shop Wall or something. If you're ever interested drop me a line we are more then welcome to bring ya along. Really, whenever ya need a buddy drop me a line, it never hurts to ask right.

Austin
I'd be interested in a few weeks. Presently trying to get my buoyancy back and getting the drysuit usage down as well since I'm a newb at using a drysuit... So in a few weeks I should be interested. We were planning on heading down to Harper's Ferry this Sunday to check it out and work on my balancing buoyancy between the air bladder and the suit. I live in the Purdy/Wauna area so Port Orchard is about 10 minutes away.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome back to diving in the great Northwest, and welcome to NWDC! Both great places to be... Hope to see you in the water.

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman