Campbell River/ Quadra shore dives

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Campbell River/ Quadra shore dives

Post by nwbobber »

Melissa and I left a pair of binocs in Campbell river last summer, so, dang it we have to go get them over Feb12-15. We will also head to Quadra to see a friend, so my question is has anyone here any experience with shore diving up there. My friend Jim lives at the north end of copper bluffs, and at slack that's awesome, although most don't recommend this w/o a live boat. I'm interested in the east side of Quadra, away from the major current, cause I think if we dive the narrows, we'll probably use a charter.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Campbell River/ Quadra shore dives

Post by Penopolypants »

I loved Quadra Island! I think there was one dive that was a shore dive, and if there was a super small exchange and you calculated slack perfectly you could get in somewhere near the harbor and drift to another beach. I gathered you couldn't do it often. When we were there the exchanges were relatively mild for the area and I was still grateful there was a boat.

I would imagine there might be a few shore dives in the area listed in 151 Dives though.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Campbell River/ Quadra shore dives

Post by nwbobber »

Yeah I think there are a couple, like Rebecca Spit, and moulds bay or something. Unfortunately that book is on the missing persons list. Incidently I am still in possession of a knife and cutting board w/your name on it. We'll be up in Seattle on the 19th-21st, maybe I can get it back to you.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu