Wanna see a Wolf-Eel?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Wanna see a Wolf-Eel?

Post by RSdancey »

Discovered this weekend:

A nice big wolf-eel has taken up residence under the concrete block securing the buoy marking the north wall at Sund Rock. He was very curious, and stuck his head out to get a look at divers as they descended the line. He was smart enough to pull back into his little hidey-hole if the area got silted out though, so divers who make a careful descent and avoid mucking up the bottom have a better shot at a sighting.

The block is in about 40fsw, so this is about the easiest wolfie sighting you'll ever make; perfect for OW divers, and a nice treat if you're ascending the wall and starting your deco/safety stop protocol.

Ryan
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

If this is the same one, he/she has been there for quite a while now. I saw it as a baby in July.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

](*,)
I am a slow diver... on purpose. OF COURSE I drop right here for two dives and NEVER notice the wolfie...
](*,)

Did get to see others, however! \:D/
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

:crybaby: i've yet to see a wolie. but there is always a that first incounter.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

jeff98208 wrote::crybaby: i've yet to see a wolie. but there is always a that first incounter.
You need to get to Sund Rock, wolf eel heaven! I saw that one (I guess it it is the same one) under the mooring bouy anchor last spring- surprised the c%&p out of me! All the others I had seen there were much deeper on the wall (70-80ft+). On one dive there, we saw at least 8 different wolfies. I haven't read the Sund Rock trip report from last weekend yet, really wish we could have made it.