Hello All

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Scuba Hawk
Getting To Know Folks

Hello All

Post by Scuba Hawk »

Hello Everyone

Well i will keep this short and sweet... I just got my OW cert at the Yellowhouse on 5-9-10 it was a blast i took my classes from Thunder Reef here in Vancouver Wa. staff was awsome and the instructors/divemasters were great everyone was very helpfull... The dives were very fun water was nice had a 6.5mm farmer john on the viz was about 6-8ft at 20-40ft or so not great but still got to see a lot of cool thing and was able to keep track of my buddy and instructor very well....Plan on taking Scuba as far as i can..... would like to do some diving around the Vancouver area i have heard that some ppl dive Battle Ground lake and Yale,Swift,Merwin need to find a little bit of info about them first but im up for diveing anything pool,lake,oceans just love being under the water... Any tips or pointer would be great.. places to dive.. shops in the area and must haves for gear would be great also

Kyle (Scuba Hawk)
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello All

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

(cartman voice) Uh lemme see Kyle.....

WELCOME TO NWDC!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Welcome to diving. Did Jen tell you about the local Scuba club that meets first Thursday of the month 7 pm at Salmon Creek Round Table Pizza? Hope to see you at a dive site. Seven Seas over in east Vancouver is a very active shop with lots of local trips. Check out the Oregon diver forum on this site because there are lots of Oregon and SW Washington divers on here.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Scuba Hawk
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Scuba Hawk »

No Jen had not told me about the club i will have to stop by sometime for sure everyone i have met so far has been very helpfull and are full of info... I have been to Seven Seas a couple of time very nice place and seem to have lots of trips planed i think it would be cool to go on one of the boat charter like Banditos or one similer but would like to get a few dives under my belt still have a lot to learn...... This site seems to be the best place to read and learn so i plan on spending lot of time reading and re-reading post and commets
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Welcome to NWDC and welcome to the sport! It is much fun!

Hope to see you at a dive sometime and may it bring you as much joy as it has brought me!

p.s BTW, I'm not the aforementioned Jen.
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

Welcome! You'll find a lot of great diving advice from from the folks here.
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome to NWDC... and congrats on taking the plunge...
Perhaps we'll see ya up north someday...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo