Hope To Dive Up Here Soon

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Buster
Just Settling In

Hope To Dive Up Here Soon

Post by Buster »

Hello Everyone

I got certified 2 years ago in Puerto Rico and have only been a warm water wussy vacation diver so far. I have been lurking on this forum for a while. I've read a lot of what some of you all have to say and I hope to start diving up here in the cold waters soon.

So I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great information on this site and I will let you know when and where I go diving. Hope to meet some of you when I do.

Buster
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: Hope To Dive Up Here Soon

Post by Jenbowes »

Welcome to the posting side of the board! It's a whole new ball game, for sure - both posting and exposing yourself to the ribbing that may ensue, and the icy cold contrast of our lovely, murky waters!

See you in the water! :joshsmith:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

hey buster

welcome to nwdc! i finished my OW cert in puerto rico as well. i did it with Taino Divers out of Rincon.

good luck with your transition to PNW diving. it's a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it!
Buster
Just Settling In

Post by Buster »

Thanks for the Welcome.

Jenbowes, I am ready for the cold water but not really the ribbing from some of these forum members. Maybe if I get to know some of you in person it might be different, but I'm starting to see who I'd want to know and who I don't.

Spatman, I got my certification from the same guys! A bunch of party dudes, but I had fun and I think I got a decent education from them.

Buster
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Buster, virtually everybody on this board is benign -- a lot of the ribbing you see is people who know each other pretty well, giving one another a hard time. Nobody eats new divers, I promise!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Hey Buster,

Beautiful dog in your avatar, BTW! I felt the exact same way as you when I first joined the board-there were folks I was afraid to meet in person. As it turns out, EVERYONE I've met here has been supportive, kind, and generous to a fault. This is a great community you've found, and we can't wait to see you in the water!

Welcome!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

lol, those Taino guys were total party dudes! i had fun with them too, but i'm glad i started diving up here. it made me a much better diver as a result.

and like LCF and scott said, we're generally nice to new divers. ;)
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome to the club... This is a pretty tight knit group and very welcoming to new folks, everyone I've met has been very supportive and helpful. Come to the Dive Expo and introduce yourself, nobody actually bites... Though there is some poking of the stir stick occasionally :smt064 It's all pretty good natured...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Buster
Just Settling In

Post by Buster »

LCF, I have been lurking long enough to see who is friends with who here. I can tell when the ribbing is good natured, which looks like most of the time, but not always.

Scottsax, I wish the dog in my avatar was mine. Maybe someday I will be able to get a blue pit, but not until my kids are old enough to handle an animal like that.

Alexitt, I can't make it to the Dive Expo this year because I have to work. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you all soon some other time.

I'll let you all know when I get into the water up here and thanks for the warm welcome.