Edmonds Oil Dock

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Edmonds Oil Dock

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
I've heard from many that edmonds oil dock is no more, and the site is now desolate. Yet I heard from somebody else that the pilings are still there, just cut below the surface? (although near the surface was of course the best part of the site).

Can somebody confirm? If nothing else, it seems like the rockpile, the jackstraws and tires should still be there?

Thanks!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
MisterScuba
Just Settling In

Re: Edmonds Oil Dock

Post by MisterScuba »

I don't know, I live in Idaho :penelope:
I didn't even know this site was closed or changed.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Its all gone .. Gone.. Gone.. Gone..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Most of the pilings were totally removed. It looks like stubborn ones that they couldn't pull were sawn off at the bottom and some sort of rinky dink cap placed on the exposed end (to control leaching?). The real head scratcher is the large steel piling that were on the ends of the structure. These were cut and left exposed as large 2' diameter holes in the bottom that act as permanent crab traps. You shine a light in there and don't see bottom. The governmental person responsible for administrating this tragedy was contacted and responded that the site would be inspected. I have not been back since then to see if anything was done to fix the problem. I might try to dive the site tomorrow to see what's up.

As an interesting, life sustaining dive site - its only a memory now.