Sund Rock, Aug 4

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Sund Rock, Aug 4

Post by gutholmj »

I got to get out today for a couple of nice dives at Sund Rock today with my friend Don whom I have not seen in a while. We arrived around 10:30 and the place was empty. The sun was already shining brightly and the little cove by the south entrance looked like a tropical lagoon.

Vis ended up looking better from the parking lot than it actually was but still we had a respectable 15'. You could see quite a distance but it was really milky. We didn't find anything really spectacular but still ended up having plenty to look at for out 140 minutes of bottom time.

The highlight of the day was this white lined dirona which is by far the smallest one I have ever seen. The whole little microcosm going on on this one piece of algae is incredible. This one is worth clicking the image to see all the cool little stuff.
DSC_0074.jpg
Speaking of small things, I always see these little white starfish but have never snapped a pick. They're pretty cute up close.
DSC_0036.jpg
And more small stuff, this little shaggy and his two friends close by were probably 1 cm in diameter.
DSC_0026.jpg
And finally, I tried a bit of available light photography. My ancient camera really struggles at high iso but I did manage one ok pic. This was probably at 10 fsw. All the color gives some indication of how bright and sunny it was.
DSC_0079.jpg
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sund Rock, Aug 4

Post by Gdog »

Wow.....love the pics, very nicely done.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice macro work! Those bigger CCD's sure come through on the small stuff!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Nice capture on the macro. Just curious, what camera are you using?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

coulterboy wrote:Nice capture on the macro. Just curious, what camera are you using?
Thanks, I have a Nikon d100 and these were taken with the 60 mm micro.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05