Diver Death Sunnyside

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Diver Death Sunnyside

Post by Lonestar »

Rest in peace and prayers to her family

STEILACOOM, Wash. -- A 63-year-old woman died in Steilacoom on Monday after an apparent diving accident, police said.
A caller to KIRO 7’s assignment desk reported seeing a body Monday afternoon on Sunnyside Beach. Steilacoom police later said that they received a 911 call just before 2 p.m. and that the woman was unconscious and not breathing when they arrived. Video from Chopper 7 showed an ambulance at the scene. Medics were unable to revive the woman, police said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/28804895/detail.html
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Diver Death Sunnyside

Post by Dusty2 »

Wow, That's even shorter on details than they usually are! Hopefully more info will be forthcoming.

Another sad day for the dive community and a terrible loss for all. I feel for those who have lost a friend, loved one or companion today. The diving community is unique in that we all feel a special connection with other divers that is hard to explain. Each time I hear of a diver death I feel I have lost another friend even when I am not yet aware of who they are.

RIP Leslie
Last edited by Dusty2 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

One of the sweetest, most carring people I have ever been blessed to know. My life is forever changed for having been graced by her presence. I will miss this woman as I miss my own mother. My heart breaks for her husband of almost 50 years. I weep for her sons and daughters. But more than anything I remorse for all of you who will never have the opportunity to know the joy and peace that encompassed everyone who stood near this woman. Today the world is a much colder place for all of us.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

From TNT this morning: Authorities identified her as Leslie Jacobsen of Yelm.

The diving partner pulled the unconscious woman onto Sunnyside Beach shortly before 2 p.m. and help was called, Town Administrator Paul Loveless said. Paramedics tried to revive the woman but were unsuccessful.
-------------------
So sad to lose another member of the diving family.

Waynne--I'm sorry for your loss, but it's nice to hear that her life touched others in such a positive way. She will never die in your memory.
Kelly
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Wow, my prayers go out to Leslie's family, love ones and friends she leaves behind. I hope we get to learn more from this accident so we may benefit even in these times of sadness.

Rest in peace Leslie.

Keith
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dove Sunnyside last night, and thought a lot about her accident all during the dive. Prayers and condolences to her family and loved ones.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

It's so sad to hear about any death, much less the death of a person who was both a diver and a stellar individual. My deepest condolences to her friends and family for their loss.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!