Artifacts in Lake Lenore

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Artifacts in Lake Lenore

Post by renoun »

It looks like there was a serious hazmat situation, I don't know if there would be much left of the original containers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7mTCMvpEM#![/youtube]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
sitkadiver
Submariner

Re: Artifacts in Lake Lenore

Post by sitkadiver »

COOL!!!

What are the by products of Sodium and H2O? I'm guessing a alkiline metal??? Yuck....
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

I don't know how to produce subscripts on this board but, or I would write a balanced equation for you, but:

Sodium + Water yields Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) + Hydrogen (and a lot of heat)

-Curt
Happy to be alive.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Reminded me of a Godzilla type movie for a minute. Would have loved to have been their for that.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

When I looked at the map I found that Lake Lenore isn't exactly close to Hanford. I assume it was chosen because they could park at the top of the bluff, let gravity do the work, and be safely removed from the action. It isn't like there is a lack of cliffs near the Columbia River much closer to Hanford but they probably didn't want to do it where someone was likely to get upset.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver