x-1

General topics about technical diving.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: x-1

Post by Sounder »

Here are two more pictures, taken by Grateful Diver, of the X1 in action...
BT-X1 side-by-side.jpg
Note: There is a depth difference shown here as the X1 takes a reading at MUCH shorter/quicker intervals than the bottom timer does. They're both accurate, the X1 is just faster.
Golden Dirona X1.jpg
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote: Note: There is a depth difference shown here as the X1 takes a reading at MUCH shorter/quicker intervals than the bottom timer does. They're both accurate, the X1 is just faster.
Fresh/salt difference there.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

dsteding wrote:
Sounder wrote: Note: There is a depth difference shown here as the X1 takes a reading at MUCH shorter/quicker intervals than the bottom timer does. They're both accurate, the X1 is just faster.
Fresh/salt difference there.
Hmmm... is there a setting on it to change it from fresh to salt water? It seemed to "catch up" to the X1, but was consistently lagging behind on some of the depth changes (I was playing with that).
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote:
Hmmm... is there a setting on it to change it from fresh to salt water? It seemed to "catch up" to the X1, but was consistently lagging behind on some of the depth changes (I was playing with that).
The Uwatec BTs are calibrated to fresh. It does have a slower sampling rate. No way to change it, but not a big deal really.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

dsteding wrote:
Sounder wrote:
The Uwatec BTs are calibrated to fresh. It does have a slower sampling rate. No way to change it, but not a big deal really.
Cool. That explains a lot then. Thanks.