Dungeness crab caught in east coast waters??

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Dungeness crab caught in east coast waters??

Post by DiverDown »

This is weird, a local fisherman caught a male dungeness crab on the east coast??? heres the link
Who run barter town?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Someone tried to release lobster here once, that did not go over well with WDFW enforcement. Invasive species are one of the top threats to Puget Sound.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I was told about this 2nd hand by WDFW's rockfish guru. I don't remember the details but the guy had imported a bunch of lobsters and was wanting to plant them so he could start a biz. I suspect he was talking in a bar and word got around. This was supposedly ~30 years ago.
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

I found a Maine lobster in Edmonds underwater park about 10 years ago. I am sure it was a Maine lobster because I used to catch them all the time when I dove in RI. It was a "full" size lobster. Probably released during some ritual. You only have to worry when you find the small ones. That means they are reproducing!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Jeff Kruse wrote:I found a Maine lobster in Edmonds underwater park about 10 years ago. I am sure it was a Maine lobster because I used to catch them all the time when I dove in RI. It was a "full" size lobster. Probably released during some ritual. You only have to worry when you find the small ones. That means they are reproducing!
Since it was an "invasive species" did you take it home and eat it?? \:D/
Who run barter town?