Luxury Yacht Charter- San Juan Islands

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Luxury Yacht Charter- San Juan Islands

Post by Jaksonbrown »

I am chartering a 76' luxury yacht,.. fully staffed with captain, chef, waitstaff for June 09 for 1 week of cruising,diving, general hangin out and loving life in the San Juan islands... Schedule and destinations wide open per our whim. Cost to each diver is $1500.00 This is all inclusive! All you can eat, drink, air, yacht expenses etc. all included!.... Only additional expence would be any tips you would want to give the crew.
There is room for 8 divers with cabins,.. more if you want to sleeping bag or cot it.....

Drop me a line if your interested.....

Cory-
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Luxury Yacht Charter- San Juan Islands

Post by Pez7378 »

Wow, that sounds like fun!
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Jaksonbrown wrote:I am chartering a 76' luxury yacht,.. All you can eat, drink, air, yacht expenses etc. all included!...
Cory-
Hi Cory,

Which boat are you chartering? I didn't know there were any available that had an air compressor on board.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

She is called the Mai Thi. I am purchasing it out of San Diego.... She is fully equiped with dive locker, compressor, jet skis, you name it.....She also has a 7000ci freezer to store any fish caught....
She will be avail for charter in Anacortes.... Course,.. I get to take her out on her maiden voyage.......
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Very cool! Be sure to post some pictures of the new boat when you get them!

We'll try (but not very hard) not to be jealous.... :crybaby:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I'm confused...

So you're buying a luxury dive charter boat or you're chartering it out of San Diego for a week in the San Juans? Are you starting a company and becoming a Captain or does the boat already have crew? Where is the crew based out of?

More details and pictures!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

I am making an investment.... Bringing up a charter and hiring a crew for now...Id like to do it myself in a few years but for now I will leave it to an experienced captain. I thought it would be fun to organize a local group of guys and gals to take her out on her maiden voyage.... hence the offer for the trip....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jaksonbrown wrote:I am making an investment.... Bringing up a charter and hiring a crew for now...Id like to do it myself in a few years but for now I will leave it to an experienced captain. I thought it would be fun to organize a local group of guys and gals to take her out on her maiden voyage.... hence the offer for the trip....
Interesting. Are you the sole investor or is there a group? Where did you find the crew? Do we know any of them? Is the boat going to strictly be used for diving, or is it going to be used for other things too? Four staterooms or eight (you'd mentioned 8 divers in rooms)?

When will it arrive?

Pictures?!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:I am making an investment.... Bringing up a charter and hiring a crew for now...Id like to do it myself in a few years but for now I will leave it to an experienced captain. I thought it would be fun to organize a local group of guys and gals to take her out on her maiden voyage.... hence the offer for the trip....
Interesting. Are you the sole investor or is there a group? Where did you find the crew? Do we know any of them? Is the boat going to strictly be used for diving, or is it going to be used for other things too? Four staterooms or eight (you'd mentioned 8 divers in rooms)?

When will it arrive?

Pictures?!
Geez you're a nosy little bugger! :smt064
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Sounder wrote:Are you the sole investor or is there a group? Where did you find the crew? Do we know any of them? Is the boat going to strictly be used for diving, or is it going to be used for other things too?
Mitch: Hi, I'm Mitch Murphy. I live across the street. You guys going out of town? We're going to Orlando, Florida. Well, actually, first we're going to Missouri to pick up my grandma. Did you know the McCallisters are going to France? Do you know if it's cold there? Do these vans get good gas mileage?...

Airport Driver: Gee, kid, I don't know. Hit the road.

:evil4:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

It is a simple offer...My retirement plans are to live on my boat,.. cruising as I please,... a different port every month... I have found the boat,.. but due to my wifes business oportunities,.. We are not ready to leave the business world for a few years.... Therefore, I thought a Luxury yacht charter that catered to divers and spearfishers might have a need in the Islands....
I am excited to take her out for the first time, and will be breaking in a new captain and crew,.. therefore the cut rate deal on the cruise,.. simply meant to cover costs and have a little fun.......
She will be arriving in early june... just in time for LIng Cod season,.. so I should warn anyone against spearfishing,.. this may not be the cruise for you.....
Anyone else,.... there are 5 spots remaining.
Last edited by Jaksonbrown on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Hey Cory .. I am avail to dive your new investment later in the fall of 2009, october and such. Great to hear that we have another nice option to use a boat in the San Juans. Also congrats on Your dream of having a Yacht for a retiremnt lifestyle.. !!
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Update,..Things are looking even better,.. I have made my purchase .....Different yacht though.... The new girl is a 97'er! She has a cockpit over 28' x17'10" . Thats the open part of the boat in the back for those that are unfamiliar with boats....She could easily accomidate up to 30 divers, however for our weekend/week long liveaboard trips, the number will be held at 10 divers + crew.... She has a walk through transom to the 6' x17'10" swimdeck. She will come complete with 4 staterooms and 5 heads. She has brand new Caterpillar diesels with double gensets for security and comfort. Complete with the most up to date color, bottom maping sonar system for locating features, wrecks, etc underwater....She will be fitted with a HP air filling station along with Nitrox availability. Did I mention the hottub? :supz: She also has a 18' boston whaler for fishing, general running around and close to shore diving expeditions, along with two Jetskiis for anyone wanting to go play. She has over 40' of open deck space topside for any of you gals that feel the need to get in some bikini time on the loungers....Ok,.. you fellas can too,..but ya gotta leave the bikinis behind!
This boat will soon be the premier luxury liveaboard charter in the NW. Weekly trips into the san juans, desolation sound, even up the inside passage to Alaska will hopefully begin as soon as April 1. She has a range of over 5000 miles so there will never be a need to go to port for refueling once underway. Remember, these will be all inclusive trips including a great chef and a generous menu and full bar. I am flying out to close the deal this weekend, and should have some photos to share on Monday....
I look forward to having many of you onboard
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Holey Moley Mon! :smt119
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Did you say BAR?!?!?! :occasion5:
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Dirty.

Editors note: Dirty means awesome to defied. He's got some issues, but let's just know that he is in fact complimenting Jakson's purchase.
Last edited by defied on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Complete BAR... With bikini clad barista! :prayer:

Well,... maybe not the bikini.....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Did you say BAR?!?!?! :occasion5:
Yes he did... but he also said...
Jaksonbrown wrote:She has over 40' of open deck space topside for any of you gals that feel the need to get in some bikini time on the loungers....Ok,.. you fellas can too,..but ya gotta leave the bikinis behind!
The girls in bikinis and the dudes go naked? What kind of charter is this?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Now that's DIRTY. And not by Defieds definition.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Now that's DIRTY. And not by Defieds definition.
:dontknow:
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Ok sounder,..

You can wear your bikini if you wish..... #-o

But hey,.. Nude cruises, thats an idea.. :bootyshake: ..... ya never know.....LOL!!!!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Ewwwww!
Last edited by Pez7378 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hey, does that mean the price of the charter went up? I've already saved $5.00, and I'm guessing a 97' yacht costs more than a 72' yacht. (That's pronounced "Yawk et")

Hey Ron, how big does it have to be before we can call it a ship? :evil4:
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Pez7378 wrote:Hey, does that mean the price of the charter went up? I've already saved $5.00, and I'm guessing a 97' yacht costs more than a 72' yacht. (That's pronounced "Yawk et")

Hey Ron, how big does it have to be before we can call it a ship? :evil4:
It's pronounced yatch... rhymes with hatch.

There is an old saying... a boat can go on a ship not the other way around... of course that doesn't account for the fact that submariners call their subs... boats.

If your yacht is a ship... would you adopt me?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

pez wrote:That's pronounced "Yawk et"
Monkeyboy wrote:It's pronounced "yatch"
Tomayto Tomahto. Hamburger Cheeseburger. 97' is a big friggin' dingy! The last time I was in the market for a yawket, I couldn't even afford a yatch!