Cabo Pulmo

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Cabo Pulmo

Post by Fishstiq »

I am going on vacation to Cabo Pulmo in January 2010 with my mom, and we are planning to spend a week diving our butts off! I was just wondering if anyone here has been there? I'm really excited about the trip, apparently while I'll be there it is Whale Shark season, Blue and Grey whale season, and Manta Ray season, and you can dive WITH ALL OF THEM! Can you imagine, diving with a freaking WHALE?!?!!

Anyway, I want/need some information. What are the can't miss dive sites? Is there a good shop to go through down there? What are the things to look out for? Any info would be appreciated!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Cabo Pulmo

Post by spatman »

i was there for a week in november and had a great time. CP is a tiny little village on the coast, so there's not much around except to do a couple dives each day and chill out. i went with the shop at the the "resort" and they were good peeps, and far less shady as a dive op than the other one there.

you are limited to boat dives, since shore diving is prohibited there. they usually do a 2 tank run in the morning, and occasionally will add a second trip in the afternoon. the reefs there aren't the most awesome, but the number of fish is fantastic.

here are some pics and a video.

let me know if you have any specific questions about logistics and such, like stocking up on supplies and booze...
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

Joe, while as per the norm I have nothing of much value to offer (surprise surprise). I just watched Matthews copy of Sharkwater, and it had some cool footage of a Whale Shark, and divers with a whale. I am pumped FOR you, would be sooo cool to get to dive with the likes of those creatures. You will have a blast. I am bringing the DVD back to him in a few days when I pick up a hose, you should borrow it and get jazzed!!!!
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
scubajimb
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by scubajimb »

I went to Cabo Plumo about 6 years ago. It was great and have wanted to go back, you will have a great time. It is very layed back. We did 2 dives a day and can in between dives, for a snack. The dives are great lots of big schools of fish. We stayed in a cassa infront of the dive shop. We also stoped on the way out and got food for breackfest and lunch. We eat at the small local restaurants they were great just slow. You will know way when you order a margarita and you look over and they are hand squeezeing the limes that took time for a group of 8. Food was always great. They run all on Solar and Generators so it closes dowm just after dark. I think the link for there is Caboworld.org or.com? Have fun and dive safe :angelblue: