Larrabee State Park (WA) - Anyone dove there?

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
scuba-911
Just Settling In

Larrabee State Park (WA) - Anyone dove there?

Post by scuba-911 »

I'd like to consider taking the family somewhere different this year for a local camp & dive weekend. Has anyone dove at Larrabee State Park, up near Bellingham? The parks website says scuba is popular there, but I can't find a single dive review or any further information about it. :dontknow: Can anyone offer any thoughts or opinions? Thanks!

Andy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Larrabee State Park (WA) - Anyone dove there?

Post by Dusty2 »

I too have heard little about diving in that area. It was a very popular area during WW11 for GI's. I looked it up on my Marine mapping software and it is very shallow. Looks like the whole bay there at the park is only around 12 feet deep with a mud bottom.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I too have heard little about diving in that area. It was a very popular area during WW11 for GI's. I looked it up on my Marine mapping software and it is very shallow. Looks like the whole bay there at the park is only around 12 feet deep with a mud bottom.

You might consider Fort Worden state park in Port Townsend. There is a dive area right at the park and more in town and It's a nice park with great facilities right close to town. You could also consider Fort Casey on Whidby it's right there at Keystone where you catch the ferry to Port Townsend.
scuba-911
Just Settling In

Post by scuba-911 »

Thanks much for the reply. It looks like a very nice park but unless I can find out anything else about diving there, I guess we'll try elsewhere. Your other suggestions are definitely under consideration. I'll post again if I do get any info.

andy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

FYI, I am heading up to Port Townsend thursday. or friday and will be diving Hudson point Saturday and Sunday.