New to the NW Dive Club

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Iver
Just Settling In

New to the NW Dive Club

Post by Iver »

Hello all,

I am new to this group. I am SSI cert'ed DCS and Dive Master, with over 130 dives, most of which are freshwater dives in the Great Lakes. I first cert'ed NAUI with New England Divers in 1973. Besides Seattle, my other dive areas include Key Large (Speigel Grove), Cancun, Couzmel, Myrtle Beach and Catalina Island. Wet suit based currently, I have been known to dive Lake Michigan at 39 F. Only to get the zebra mussels I work on, quick in and out.

I am the one that posted:

Hello folks,

I just found this dive board. I will be coming to the Seattle area, I live in Michigan, and was wondering if anyone would like to dive on Sunday afternoon and/or Monday. I prefer Redondo or the new park at Salt Water Park, but I am intersted in other areas as well. Any interest?

Thanks for the read and I do apologize for the late post. My day job got in the way.

Iver

And I do thank the suggestion to post information on myself.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: New to the NW Dive Club

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Iver!

Where will you be staying in Seattle?

There is a pretty definite line between North and South here - not civil warish, just not wanting to fight the traffic of downtown seattle unless absolutely necessary!

The two sites you mentioned are in the South end - Redondo and Saltwater - great local watering holes.

Again, welcome, you'll be diving in no time!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Hi Iver! How often do you get over to the Seattle area?

Good luck finding dive buddies - the peeps here are awesome! I'm doing "chores" this weekend, so no diving for me! \:D/
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Welcome to the board Iver,

Redondo tomorrow morning if your interested :breakdance:

9:30am

Just a thought.... :partydance:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Welcome Ivar. You should have no problem finding new dive buddies here. Especially for Redondo. There is always someone headed that way. Saltwater isn't very well established yet so it's not so popular but you also have Les Davis and 3 Tree in the same general area and they are very popular.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Iver!
Redondo would probably be your best bet.
I'm leaving town for a while, but If you are in the neighborhood on any given Thursday there is a couple of us who dive every week. I think just about any day of the week you will find someone diving around here but I am a little obsessed with diving Thursdays. (except for this coming up Thursday, I'm going to be rafting down the salmon river, for six days!)
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Domer Down
Avid Diver

Post by Domer Down »

Iver wrote:I first cert'ed NAUI with New England Divers in 1973.
Iver,

Welcome to the great Pacific Northwest! You remind me of how I first certified NAUI with New England Divers in 1975. BCDs had yet to be invented, and I did my checkout dives in Rockport. I can tell you that diving the Puget Sound is warmer and far more interesting (unless you are specifically looking for lobsters!).

I dive the South Sound every week and would be happy to meet up with you.
Tom Larson (Domer Down)
When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC! :80sdance: