Anyone up for 100 foot Rock Saturday 10/3?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
subagua
Just Settling In

Anyone up for 100 foot Rock Saturday 10/3?

Post by subagua »

I am getting itchy to get back in the water and can't remember the last time I dove 100' Rock and would love to go on Saturday, preferably early afternoon. New'ish divers are welcome as well.

Steve
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone up for 100 foot Rock Saturday 10/3?

Post by renoun »

I hate to rain on your parade but there is no longer access from shore. If you know otherwise please fill the rest of us in.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
subagua
Just Settling In

Post by subagua »

That officially bites, but I am glad to know before going all the way there! Thanks. Did the city or railroad fence it off or something?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

subagua wrote:That officially bites, but I am glad to know before going all the way there! Thanks. Did the city or railroad fence it off or something?
From what I heard yes. It's a shame since I have yet to dive it.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

It's a big old chain link fence. I took pics, but I guess I deleted them before I got around to posting them.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Anyone know how far away the next closest entry point is?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

It is a good scooter run, about the same distance as the end of the Mukilteo oil dock. If you make arrangements with the ranger you can unload your gear right at the tunnel under the tracks in the park.
Attachments
park.jpg
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Interesting, so there's a public park there nearby?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

So is this the access to the water then?
Attachments
access.jpg
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Interesting, so there's a public park there nearby?
Its a huge park with real nice event picknic area with barbaques, a real nice beach, and a fair amount of parking with arrangements. THe ranger lives in a house right in the park. If you go up 75th Pl you will come to a gate at the park. Thier used to be a sigh that has the number on it. This is Medowdale Park.

I do not know how old that pick is. but it does not run that full very often. and their is a concret path on one side when the water is down. were did you find the pic?
Greg
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I gat it off google earth. I am still a little unclear about the park ranger part. Do I need to inform him in order to park/gain access? And if so ahead of time or when I get there?
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I gat it off google earth. I am still a little unclear about the park ranger part. Do I need to inform him in order to park/gain access? And if so ahead of time or when I get there?
It is a hiking park for the most part parking is a mile or so up the draw. If you want to gain access to the picknic area with a car you have make arrangments to have the gate opened up. Unless that has changed the last yr.
Greg
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Anyone know how far away the next closest entry point is?

Matt...you have a boat!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

sheahanmcculla wrote:

Matt...you have a boat!
True, but It's much more production to take the boat out than to throw the scooters in the truck. If it's not to difficult to arrange it sounds like scootering it would be fun. If I was going to launch the boat I'd probably rather do a site like the Posession point Ferry or fingers or something like that. Besides I've got an electrical problem with the boat that's frustrating the hell outta me :banghead: I suck at diagnostics.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Vehicle access Meadowdale park is arranged through the Ranger. Diving gear may or may not be the kind of thing that the ranger wants to open the gate for. I think the road is more for handicap and fire access than schleping gear.

I would dive the PPferry over 100ft rock anyway.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

sheahanmcculla wrote:

Matt...you have a boat!
:laughing3:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
subagua
Just Settling In

Post by subagua »

What/where is the PPFerry?
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

subagua wrote:What/where is the PPFerry?
It's a sunken ferry off of Possession Point. It's not a shore dive and most charter that I'm aware of don't routinely serve that area so it generally involves diving from a private boat. By the way, there's not a whole lot of of the ferry structure left.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

gcbryan wrote:
It's a sunken ferry off of Possession Point. It's not a shore dive and most charter that I'm aware of don't routinely serve that area so it generally involves diving from a private boat. By the way, there's not a whole lot of of the ferry structure left.
Dolphin charters goes their just about evey other weekend.

http://dolphin-charters.com/
Greg
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

loanwolf wrote:
gcbryan wrote:
Dolphin charters goes their just about evey other weekend.

http://dolphin-charters.com/
Porthole has it listed on their website as a spot the go to. It's worth doing, we did it this summer, really fun dive.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I would say there's quite a bit of structure left. It's just not very intact. It's actually one of my favorite dive sites.