Newbie looking for dive buddies around Edmonds/Muk and Alki

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
MarzZ
Getting To Know Folks

Newbie looking for dive buddies around Edmonds/Muk and Alki

Post by MarzZ »

I'm a newbie diver with only 5 OW dives under my belt. I am travelling to the Philippines later this month for some tropical action but would like to dive a few more times before that if someone doesn't mind showing a newb around and practicing skills. I hired a local dive instructor last week to get back into it and it went well, but I think it's a good idea to try to get more dive time so that I will be more comfortable overseas. I'd like to also talk to someone who has experiencing diving in other countries and what to look out for.

Peace and hair grease.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Newbie looking for dive buddies around Edmonds/Muk and Alki

Post by LCF »

Marz, what's your time availability? Diving with new divers is a particular pleasure of mine, but I have mostly weekdays available.

I haven't dived the Philippines, but I've gone to Indonesia and I've done a bunch of other warm water diving, so I might be able to answer some questions for you.

Shoot me a PM, if you like.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Feel free to come by mukilteo on a monday evening. Just post so we know what time to look for you.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
MarzZ
Getting To Know Folks

Post by MarzZ »

I'm in school but they are all online courses these days, so my time is open.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Mukilteo tomorrow night? 6:30 splash, park behind the Inn.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh keep in mind it will be dark. You will want to have a primary and backup light. If you need an extra I have one. If you are not comfortable with night dives then it may not be for you. Just look for the post in Dive Planning.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

When are you leaving, Marz? Would the 18th work for you?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
MarzZ
Getting To Know Folks

Post by MarzZ »

Norris wrote:Oh keep in mind it will be dark. You will want to have a primary and backup light. If you need an extra I have one. If you are not comfortable with night dives then it may not be for you. Just look for the post in Dive Planning.
I have never done a night dive but have always been interested. I do not have any lights and I'll be renting a wetsuit, etc. I am up for it if you think its okay for a newb to go night diving.
MarzZ
Getting To Know Folks

Post by MarzZ »

LCF wrote:When are you leaving, Marz? Would the 18th work for you?
I leave the 18th, so that won't work, but thanks!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I'd be happy to meet up for a dive, and tell you what I know about diving in the Philippines too. I've been there four times, dove in Cabilao, Sogod Bay and Palawan (Coron Shipwrecks).

I'll be at Mukilteo tonight with the 6pm crowd.
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

Marzz -
It is Thursday and I don't have a buddy yet for this weekend. I could dive with you Saturday. Want to do a mid AM dive at Muk? Have only been to Mexico diving, so can't help with the Philippines.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
joeldurant
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by joeldurant »

Ive done a good amount of diving in Thailand and NW, I'm available in the morning on Saturday 2/20 or anytime Sun or Mon. 2/21 or 2/22. Email me if youre interested. joel.durant3@gmail.com