New Dive Shop To Open In March In Everett?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
scobanro
Just Settling In

Re: New Dive Shop To Open In March In Everett?

Post by scobanro »

Hi Josh,
Hey no harm ment to anyone. We ( scobanro and scubagruntgal ) are two different people. I am one of the co-owners and she is my girlfriend. She regestered on my computer and I regestered the next day on the same computer. Very sorry!
We were seeing many un-factual things that tend to be said when there is no good facts out there. I did not want anyone hurt by the messages being sent, so I posted some info.
We will go in and do an up date to the profile as soon as I know where it is and how.
The Store is real, we have state approved name ( Evergreen Dive Service LLC. ) we have a location locked down and are just waiting for legal to say ok and we will sign. We are trying to secure financing from small buisness loan, and our own funds to get gear and things here ASAP.
You may, In fact please do place this note where ever you think best suited for the site.
Sorry folks, no harm meant. I will get better at this. Thanks Norm
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

I am sure no ill was intended, just a faux pas of someone not used to web-boards. I have known Norm for several years and am certain he would not be intentionally breaking forum rules for any nefarious or self serving reason. He is a very laid back guy and great to deal with and I look forward to the new shop and many happy years of dive dealings to come.
:breakdance: :partydance: :breakdance: :partydance:

ETA. Oh looks like he cleared that up at the same time I was typing.........Well there you go. :biggrin:
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

So where are all you north end folks getting air? Whats the closest place?
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I've been bumming around. I got some fills in Bellevue the other day (was driving through, remind me not to do that again, cost 2x normal price, :eek:), Lynwood another time, etc. I haven't found a perm place to call home yet.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Currently it would appear that Lighthouse is the closest for us northenders. Can't wait for the new shops to open/relocate.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

trevorrowe wrote:I've been bumming around. I got some fills in Bellevue the other day (was driving through, remind me not to do that again, cost 2x normal price, :eek:), Lynwood another time, etc. I haven't found a perm place to call home yet.
Ahhh the silent underworld prices?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Norris wrote:
trevorrowe wrote:I've been bumming around. I got some fills in Bellevue the other day (was driving through, remind me not to do that again, cost 2x normal price, :eek:), Lynwood another time, etc. I haven't found a perm place to call home yet.
Ahhh the silent underworld prices?
Yeah. They have this crazy sliding scale based on high/medium/low pressure, tank volume, etc. The grid is pretty large (like a 3x5 chart of options). Either way, my tank was at 2400 PSI and i needed it topped off at 3440. It cost me almost $11 and I got a lame fill (~3200 PSI). If somebody wants to charge by volume, that would be one this, but this was highway robbery.

/rantoff
clongdon
Frequent Bubbler

Post by clongdon »

sheahanmcculla wrote:So where are all you north end folks getting air? Whats the closest place?

Well, We could either go north to Bellingham, or I think the next closest going south is a shop on the way to Edmonds. (can't remember the name) Not too far from there is Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore, that is where I have gotten my last few fills.
Maybe we should set up a airfill carpool! :thumb3d:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

"North End" shops:
Lighthouse Diving in Lynnwood
Underwater Sports in Edmonds
Bubbles Below in Woodinville
Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

clongdon wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:So where are all you north end folks getting air? Whats the closest place?

Well, We could either go north to Bellingham, or I think the next closest going south is a shop on the way to Edmonds. (can't remember the name) Not too far from there is Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore, that is where I have gotten my last few fills.
Maybe we should set up a airfill carpool! :thumb3d:

If you ARE going to Bellingham- I can highly recommend Adventures Down Under. Great shop, great people.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I stopped by the new everett shop today to talk to them and the "open" sign was lit. I guess they are open now. They have air ready to go, and there is some product on the shelves.

Just thought I would let you know.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

N. End Air fills are Lighthouse or Edmonds UWS and now the shop NWSD? from Bothell is located off 164th exit across from Walmart. And the new shop in Everett is next to Mikes Burgers and the Scooter Store (no, not the underwater kind) on the west side of Evergreen Way.
Can't wait for them to open they're like 5 min. from home...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

they're open, filling tanks and Joe already has alot of stock on the shelves. The credit card machine is supposed to up and working today. If it's not, they will gladly accept cash. :smt038
jet
Just Settling In

Post by jet »

They bank delivered the wrong machine. So no plastic till thursday. cash only till then
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Cash always works... Glad to see you open!!!! :smt038

What are your hours?
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Took the 41st street exit today to try and track it down and it certainly isnt right on 41st people. I never found it. Later someone told me that it was up Rucker, right about where Rucker turns into Evergreen...

Is that right?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Old Nubbins
Aquaphile

Post by Old Nubbins »

I stopped by this afternoon. After you exit onto 41st, turn left onto Evergreen and head up the hill. Right after Mikies Burgers and before the Hyundai dealership, there is a tiny stripmall of 4 stores or so on the right. It is the northernmost store next door to the scooter store. I only found it because I was driving slow, pissin' off everyone behind me.
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

So, exit on 41st, go (west) through the first light (Colby), left on the second light (Rucker), it is 1/4 mile on the right, next business past Mikie's drive through (across the street from Mikie's). Look for a big red scuba flag on the front of the building.

Mike - not Mikie.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

smike wrote: Mike - not Mikie.

Gee I thought it said Mikie's Burgers on the sign
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
smike wrote: Mike - not Mikie.
Gee I thought it said Mikie's Burgers on the sign
:stickwhack:
Ain't MY sign though. :dontknow:
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Can the owners post an address? That would give us a better chance of finding it. :rawlings:
Got Water?
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

I'm not an owner. This isn't an address.

Google Map though. Corner of Maryland & Evergreen Avenue (4800 block of Evergreen) 98203

Street view. Replace =D> the "adult video" :tappingfoot: with "SCUBA" :snorkel: , and you have the right place.

HTH.
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

Hi Folks, This is the only time I will violate the rules.

We are open at Evergreen Dive Service. We are at 4610 Evegreen Way Everett wash. ( 41st and Evergreen way, go south 1/2 mile up at the top of the hill, look for the dive flag, I think we spelled the sign right. :biggrin: ) phone is 425 512 8811.
Things are still coming in, but we have air and Nitrox.

Norm
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I was up there this evening to check it out and get air... $6 air fills 11th free like a mocha card :coffee: or $60 and 2 free fills, got my tanks (al80s) home and they were right at 3000psi :biggrin: They've got some stock in with more on the way, looks good and nice folks too... The earlier buggerall was an honest mistake and regrettable, I can vouch for the fact that these forums involve a learning curve... Anyway I'm glad they're there and so close to home.

Alex
-Alex-

TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

EDS has their O2 now and can now fill Nitrox, the beauty is they are serving aviation OX which is dryer than the stuff you get from most shops. They are open and more gear is showing up daily.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....