New PADI DM!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Re: New PADI DM!

Post by Peter Guy »

but at least I FOUND the paperwork! Now all I need is:

a. Lynne's signature; and

b. Either a current EFR card OR a letter from a Doctor which says she is current in her First Aid and CPR techniques!

(Although I do need to do an EFR class to keep current, maybe.....)
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

Congrats Lynne. The PNW just got a whole lot luckier with the addition of you to its already rich pool of dive professionals.

Peter, let me get this straight. You need a letter from a doctor, that Lynne (an emergency room doctor) can perform CPR and first aid? I really do hate bureaucracy.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Congrats, Lynne! :smt038
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Kalatin wrote:Peter, let me get this straight. You need a letter from a doctor, that Lynne (an emergency room doctor) can perform CPR and first aid? I really do hate bureaucracy.
:rofl:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Kalatin -- Nope, do not need the letter from the Hospital -- She can just do a normal EFR course and that will suffice! Either the letter saying she is "up to speed" or the EFR cert!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Kalatin wrote:Congrats Lynne. The PNW just got a whole lot luckier with the addition of you to its already rich pool of dive professionals.

Peter, let me get this straight. You need a letter from a doctor, that Lynne (an emergency room doctor) can perform CPR and first aid? I really do hate bureaucracy.
Nah, bureaucracy would be if she HAD to take the EFR class. Requiring the letter seems to be away around the bureaucracy. I can see them requiring a PADI EFR cert even if you are a Dr....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman