Hello from yet another new guy (in Gig Harbor)

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Hello from yet another new guy (in Gig Harbor)

Post by RoxnDox »

Hi everyone, one more new-guy intro for the forum...

"My name is Jim, and I'm a ..." - oh wait, wrong kind of intro... :-)

Anyway, the Jim part is right. I'm brand-new to the whole diving thing, working on my certification (first OW dive is set for this Thursday). I've wanted to start for a long time, but all those other life commitments seemed to keep getting in the way... Lots of you know Alexitt, well he's my older brother and one of the reasons I finally made the time to get into the water. Some of you even saw the two of us wandering around the Dive Expo in Tacoma (I saw the pictures - yer just lucky the cameras survived...). As far as my (boring) autobiography, I'm a native, grew up in Lynnwood, went into the Air Force to fly computers (with a degree in Geology...), and got stationed in Omaha Nebraska, as far from saltwater as you can get. Spent a long time there (27 yrs) after getting out, I now fly computers for another federal agency (USGS). We moved back here to the Pacific NorthWet last fall, and I promptly injured my shoulder and delayed getting Alex a diving partner by months! Took a while after some neck/nerve/carpal tunnel surgery, but I'm now getting thru the PADI OW program at Lighthouse down here in Tacoma, looking forward to meeting lots of folks, and learning a LOT as I go on.

(a) no boat... (b) I almost always say "yes" to beer (or popcorn :popcorn: , or...) (c) I don't have anything yet except the mask/fins/snorkel/boots/gloves for class (but since my brother's got lots of stuff...) (d) I have no immediate plans for world domination, but one never knows... :pirate: (e) I am just a little "twisted" (you might have noticed this already), but it's all Alex's fault as the elder role-model :supz:

So HI Everyone!

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello from yet another new guy (in Gig Harbor)

Post by John Rawlings »

"Twisted"???? I suspect that you'll fit right in here.

Welcome to the club!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I EMPHATICALLY DENY EVERYTHING... I didn't do it... I saw nothing... It was those other guy's fault... I can't imagine where that came from... All Right maybe I might have some idea what happened... :smt064

OK I admit it... He found out how much fun I was having and like all younger siblings had to try it out for himself... Soon the bug will get him and He'll get a Boat, a couple of scooters, 6-8 130's or doubles :neener: :neener: :neener:

Oh, and Twisted is just the beginning and I blame the Air Farce for that!!!!

BTW Welcome to the Club Little Brudder
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

:angry: *&*(**&*&^%^&%%&*(^%^& sinuses! Woke up with some clogging comin' on... If they don't clear up by tomorrow I will have to scrub my first OW dive - which will suck 'cuz I have to fly to Denver on Sunday and can't go with the rest of the class on the *scheduled* day... I'm already certifiable, but I wanna be certified too!

Jim
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Yay, the sinuses behaved and I got into the Sound (Les Davis) and had a great time!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

RoxnDox wrote:Yay, the sinuses behaved and I got into the Sound (Les Davis) and had a great time!
Wooo Hoooo! Welcome to the addiction Jim.
So you weren't far off to start with, "My name is..."
So yes, My name is Keith... and I am addicted to scuba diving! :taco:

Hope to catch up with you on one of our South Sound Thursday dives, soon!

Enjoy the rest of your training and be safe!

Keith
:smt035 - MAN
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Update time - finally got schedules meshed up between students and instructors yesterday, did our final OW dives at les Davis and I'm officially certifiable. Err, certified... Woo Hoo! :taco:

Of course, now I have to go get on a plane and go to Denver for a week of work stuff...

Jim
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Hey Rox...I live in Gig Harbor....Also looking to dive the area...but I am new to it as well. Maybe we can partner up with someone who knows a dive site really well....kind of take a tour...
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Both of you can come dive Tree Tree N. with me! :smt064

Keith
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: