do i really need to service my atomic regs....

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
babs13
Dive-aholic

do i really need to service my atomic regs....

Post by babs13 »

dear fav dive board and dive buds:

have atomic m1 octo, m1 primary and first stage. last used last august in freshwater (no comment, especially the part of seeing NOTHING really....frown). have just under 100 dives on them. and about 98% of those dives were in saltwater with 80% in the puget soup. purchased new with warranty in september 2008.....leaving to MX next saturday....to dive for 7 days amongst other things...:funky:...DO I REALLY NEED TO SERVICE THEM BEFORE DIVING...?

on normal occasions -- there would be no doubt i'd get them service, but based on the time constraints and me having to drive 20 miles to a shop that could do this in less than a week seems kinda :nutty: (the pickup trip will involve traffic). how concerned should i be about the o-rings and etc? also, a stupid question....am i busting up the atomic warranty if i just dive 'em...? :extinguishflame:

my gear has been well rinsed after every dive...stored and etc. i don't think my diving profile will exceed 100' on boat dives in MX. plan to be on nitrox and hope to stay in the water until i turn into a prune...YAY!

if i dive these regs, will the fail on me? should i not dive them until serviced??

also...i just plugged in the regs to a tank in the pool....when all parts fully submerged there appears to be no funny fizzing or bubbles...and it breathes.....

bubbles,
nitrogen deprived diver in angst :bounce:
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: do i really need to service my atomic regs....

Post by CaptnJack »

If there were no issues the last time you dove them, I would just take and dive them in MX.
I would NOT have them serviced and then do your first post-service dive on vacation.

If they ain't broke don't fix them.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

what richard said.

have fun in MX!
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

PHEW! :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:

Thank you!! :luv:
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Where you at Babs. I'd side with cap n spat in this instance. However if you know someone close with an ip gauge it sure wouldn't do no harm knowing what's going on with the seat. If your in the olympia area I'd throw an ip gauge on it for ya.
Have fun in Mx, I'm rather jealous!
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

DC......originally from Seattle....

Thanks everyone!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Have a great time in Mehico and let us know how the trip goes. Glad to hear that you're still finding time to dive, even if you have to travel that far. When you coming home, yo? Your lil' brother contacted me, btw.
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

Trip update added to list of things to do. Just worried I might get sick from a bug at work...just my luck....frown.

Really missed diving since moving out here..I mean an avg of twice+ a week to zilch is a huge change! It's worth the travel. Hmm...maybe I'll be able to report that I turned into a prune on the trip update. Or that I forgot how to dive...after all, I did forget how to ride a bicycle. Surely there isn't, here, the diving (or snowboarding) convenience of Seattle.

I was just back for a few days Easter weekend. Will be back in late August/ early September, not sure if before that tho, unless I move west sooner. The flights are not fun. Have fun brewing something up with lil bro. :taco:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

babs13 wrote:Trip update added to list of things to do. Just worried I might get sick from a bug at work...just my luck....frown.

Really missed diving since moving out here..I mean an avg of twice+ a week to zilch is a huge change! It's worth the travel. Hmm...maybe I'll be able to report that I turned into a prune on the trip update. Or that I forgot how to dive...after all, I did forget how to ride a bicycle. Surely there isn't, here, the diving (or snowboarding) convenience of Seattle.

I was just back for a few days Easter weekend. Will be back in late August/ early September, not sure if before that tho, unless I move west sooner. The flights are not fun. Have fun brewing something up with lil bro. :taco:
Our own Law Goddess is on the move to DC, according to my facebook page. Never saw anything West of the Rocky Mountains that made me wanna live there, but I do love visiting the East coast! Going back there to scatter some of my Mom's ashes this Summer, actually. Hope all is well for you in DC, and I do hope you have fun in Mexico- a trip report would be much appreciated!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

You and Kaia should get together and talk about how awesome it would be if you could be diving, Barbara!
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

Tangfish wrote:You and Kaia should get together and talk about how awesome it would be if you could be diving, Barbara!
Kaia- this is what you are getting into....on many levels. :joshsmith: http://thoughtcatalog.com/2011/how-to-l ... ington-dc/ :) carpe diem! And yea...we can definitely chat about how awesome it would be if you could diving, skiing/snowboarding in real mountains not mini hills...and what have you. :popcorn: