I want to learn to Crab / Clam

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Re: I want to learn to Crab / Clam

Post by fnerg »

I'm totally up for crabbing this weekend, Mukilteo, or anywhere else.
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

I can't crab this weekend...will be gone....Grrrrrrr..

I am up for next weekend though...does that work for you?
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Sounder wrote:
Scube_Noob wrote:We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anythin.
Who needs a new sig-line?
Thanks for the suggestion!
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Scube_Noob wrote:I can't crab this weekend...will be gone....Grrrrrrr..

What do weekdays look like for you?

As for weekends - I'm slammed this weekend with Dive Around The Clock, and next weekend I'll be around Lake Crescent and the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but the following weekend all I have is my boy's 3rd birthday which means local-diving on the 31st. I could be talked into a crab-dive under the following conditions...

1. You use one of my tanks (a 130).
2. I fill it... so I know you get a "full fill." :evil4:
3. You can hold onto a crotch strap for a few minutes on the way out and back in (it's easy... all you do is clear your ears, inflate your stuff, and hold on - it's actually rather relaxing). It's a long, rather uncivilized, swim. :queenliz:

Jake - you game for the 31st (Dylan's party is the 30th)? The bag is going on your butt-ring this time. :rofl: We may end up doing 2 dives to limit... I'll bring gas for everyone.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: I want to learn to Crab / Clam

Post by ktb »

renoun wrote:
Scube_Noob wrote: LOL -wouldn't they be called "Clawcuffs" and where do I buy some? I haven't seen those at the shop yet!
You buy them at a non-descript store on Pacific Highway South (they probably sell them in Spanaway too) but they keep them under the counter and you have to ask for them.
Nice one Ross.
Kelly
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Sounder wrote:

3. You can hold onto a crotch strap for a few minutes on the way out and back in (it's easy... all you do is clear your ears, inflate your stuff, and hold on - it's actually rather relaxing). It's a long, rather uncivilized, swim. :queenliz:
1. Yes! - Have wanted to dive a 130 - but can't get that at a local shop (rent)
2. OK - No problem
3. What the hell is a crotch strap? Is my "noobie ness" being tested? Am I being punked? Someone else can feel free to join in to respond to that question.

I am game for the 31'st..
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Scube_Noob wrote:
Sounder wrote:

1. Yes! - Have wanted to dive a 130 - but can't get that at a local shop (rent)
2. OK - No problem
3. What the hell is a crotch strap? Is my "noobie ness" being tested? Am I being punked? Someone else can feel free to join in to respond to that question.

I am game for the 31'st..
Even though it *IS* Sounder mentioning the crotch strap, you're not being punked. (Good guess though.)
Kelly
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

ktb wrote: Even though it *IS* Sounder mentioning the crotch strap, you're not being punked. (Good guess though.)
Watch out! :koolaid: Team crabbing :koolaid:. Being beckoned over to the dark side and introduced to the MarCuda on the same day might be too much for most people. Your head might explode before you even get a chance to eat the crab and then somebody ends up with two limits of crab. Can I come? :burntchef:
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Holy crap! Now that I am confident (mostly) that I am not being punked, and there is a chance of my head exploding from the excitement of "Team Crabbing" and a ride by a "crotch strap" on a Cuda - I can't wait to go.... :)

Hope the offer is still up for the 31'st
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Scube_Noob wrote:ride by a "crotch strap" on a Cuda
shudder
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Norris wrote:
shudder
Have a camera handy... Preferably video...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

:angryblue:

Here, maybe this will be of some use for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVNsvBFnz0

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

Alexitt wrote:
Norris wrote:
shudder
Have a camera handy... Preferably video...
Now I am scared again! LOL -
Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Post by Scube_Noob »

mz53480 wrote::angryblue:

Here, maybe this will be of some use for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVNsvBFnz0

MZ
:fish:
Thanks for this - cool video - then I saw another cool suggested video, and another, and another - 2 hours later, I am going back to work.... :)