SS Governor

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: SS Governor

Post by Joshua Smith »

Jan K wrote:Congratulations to the entire team ! What a feat :supz:
7.25.11 Governor bell 1S.jpg
I think having the event depicted in one of your drawings is high praise indeed, Jan! Most of the guys don't read the forums very often, so I'm gonna email this to them. THANK YOU for the picture!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: SS Governor

Post by John Rawlings »

Those eyes aren't anywhere NEAR big enough to be BJ's!!!! :rofl:

Great stuff, Jan!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Joshua Smith wrote:I think having the event depicted in one of your drawings is high praise indeed, Jan!
Indeed! Awesome!
Jenn
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:Those eyes aren't anywhere NEAR big enough to be BJ's!!!! :rofl:

Great stuff, Jan!
He's on a rebreather, too, so it must be Rob!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

an i wear orange gloves. Redo Jan
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Maverick wrote:an i wear orange gloves. Redo Jan
"Orange gloves"?????? My God, man....haven't you watched Project Runway?????? :smt064
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Maverick wrote:an i wear orange gloves. Redo Jan
Yes sir!
Attachments
7.25.11 Governor bell 1bS.jpg
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pretty good article in the Peninsula daily news about the bell:

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/artic ... grail-8217#

Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

What an awesome story.

Can one of you guys post some details of the dive profile? I am interested in how you staged gas and what the deco obligation is for a dive like that.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Matt S. wrote:What an awesome story.

Can one of you guys post some details of the dive profile? I am interested in how you staged gas and what the deco obligation is for a dive like that.
Hey, Matt! I'll fill you in a bit about the profiles privately. I usually avoid posting details publicly, for a variety of reasons. I will say that 4 minutes down, and 25 minutes on the wreck gave me a total run time around 2 hours.
Last edited by Joshua Smith on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjw
Aquanaut

Post by rjw »

Joshua Smith wrote:

Hey, Matt! I'll fill you in a bit about the profiles privately. I usually avoid posting details publicly, for a variety of reasons. I will say that 4 minutes down, and 25 minutes on the wreck gave me a total run time around 2 1/2 hours.

I agree with Josh.
However I'd be glad to sit down over a cup of coffee or a couple of cold ones and answer any questions you may have.
No amount of Helium can make a dumbass smart. - Chatterton
FOTTF
Life's been good to me so far
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

rjw wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

Hey, Matt! I'll fill you in a bit about the profiles privately. I usually avoid posting details publicly, for a variety of reasons. I will say that 4 minutes down, and 25 minutes on the wreck gave me a total run time around 2 1/2 hours.

I agree with Josh.
However I'd be glad to sit down over a cup of coffee or a couple of cold ones and answer any questions you may have.
i guessing that since BJ was the only OC diver on that trip, his planning was a bit different than you CCR wankers.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Re: SS Governor

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
rjw wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I agree with Josh.
i guessing that since BJ was the only OC diver on that trip, his planning was a bit different than you CCR wankers.
Not gonna take the bait, dude. Go over to TDS and punch "mixed teams" into the search button.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
rjw wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I agree with Josh.
Not gonna take the bait, dude. Go over to TDS and punch "mixed teams" into the search button.
lol, no thanks. that place scares me.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Re: Re: SS Governor

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
rjw wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I agree with Josh.
lol, no thanks. that place scares me.
It's a scary place. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, and I will discuss any dive plan in detail with pretty much anyone....offline. I'm just really, really tired of having my dives dissected by people online. My new policy is that I just won't post dilluent/ bailout gasses or actual profiles anywhere.

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Joshua Smith wrote: It's a scary place. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, and I will discuss any dive plan in detail with pretty much anyone....offline. I'm just really, really tired of having my dives dissected by people online. My new policy is that I just won't post dilluent/ bailout gasses or actual profiles anywhere.
Smart move! Nuff sed....

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
rjw wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I agree with Josh.

I'll take the bait :stir:

what you wanna know, I will tell you all Josh's details.

he dived air dil, with an argon suit inflation. and had no bailouts, he was diving alpine. Since we were mixed teams I being open circuit also diving air, was a perfect bail out for him. it was really wortking well for us. any questions
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Congratulations BJ and Rob!! And congratulations to the rest of the team from MDS!! This is way better than getting your picture in the paper...on the front page....above the fold.....WAY BETTER!
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Joshua Smith wrote: It's a scary place. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, and I will discuss any dive plan in detail with pretty much anyone....offline. I'm just really, really tired of having my dives dissected by people online. My new policy is that I just won't post dilluent/ bailout gasses or actual profiles anywhere.
Considering how people will jump you for having a hose an inch off their perceived optimum length, I can totally understand that policy! It'll keep 'til we hang out next.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Maverick wrote: I'll take the bait :stir:

what you wanna know, I will tell you all Josh's details.

he dived air dil, with an argon suit inflation. and had no bailouts, he was diving alpine. Since we were mixed teams I being open circuit also diving air, was a perfect bail out for him. it was really wortking well for us. any questions
yum yum nom nom delish!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:
Its about 110mins runtime on OC.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.