TTN

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

TTN

Post by cardiver »

I met up with Keith, Jeff and Rob this evening at Three Tree and we were treated to some strange goings on by 3 or 4 sea lions that were hanging out at the buoys. None of the sea lions seemed to be diving at all. Just hanging out on the surface and rolling around each other.
As we were fining up they swam by us, barking up a storm, and we were a bit nervous about splashing on the cabin cruiser.
When we finally dropped in we were treated to clear viz, farther than our lights could penetrate, but no sea lions for the entire dive.
Keith and Rob found some interesting old bottles and I got a couple of good shoots of some small octos on the way back from the bottle field.
Great dive guys!
Attachments
P2162880.jpg
P2162877.jpg
P2162863.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: TTN

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounds like a fun evening! Wish I could have joined you...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

what kind of shrimp is in that first pic?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

TTN

Post by cardiver »

No idea. I wish I could say that I composed the shot like that on purpose though .....
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

cardiver wrote:No idea. I wish I could say that I composed the shot like that on purpose though .....
The really good photographers I know don't even think about composition anymore it seems. I look at even their photos on Facebook and they're all properly composed. It amazes me. But then again, some of my best photos were "accidents" too...
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

eliseaboo wrote:
cardiver wrote:No idea. I wish I could say that I composed the shot like that on purpose though .....
The really good photographers I know don't even think about composition anymore it seems. I look at even their photos on Facebook and they're all properly composed. It amazes me. But then again, some of my best photos were "accidents" too...
I try to think about my composition on most shots but I had no idea that the shrimp was there when I was setting up that shot....
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

olyvtx wrote:what kind of shrimp is in that first pic?
I think it may be a Ghost Shrimp. :dontknow:
I was nervous this entire dive!
As we were just about to head out for our surface swim, it was like a giant hand rose out of the water as these three or four masive, Sea Lion heads, rose out of the water about 20 feet from us. We thought for sure, we would be seeing them down at the Cabin Cruiser.
I only got one picture on this dive...
I just kept Rob3's "Yum-Yum Yellow" tips in sight, as I've seen a Sea Lion nibble at them before.
I just kept Rob3's "Yum-Yum Yellow" tips in sight, as I've seen a Sea Lion nibble at them before.
Wow two seperate reports?
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17574
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: