WWW 11-28-12

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW 11-28-12

Post by Mortuus »

In case you dont know when this is, here are the times.

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:30 to 7 splash

The dive site is Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

This event is hosted by GUE Seattle, but we accept ANY level diver who wants to come out and dive with us, regardless of skill, background, etc. No :koolaid: required!
Need a "big buddy" diver? We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge! Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Come on down and join us for diving and food (Marination is awesome)!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: WWW 11-28-12

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there!!

And as usual, any person wanting to try some back plate and wing gear, canister lights, OLED computers/timers or even scooters, please let me know.. I have a stable of Halcyon plates/wings/lights, Liquivision computers and DiveX Cuda's to play with!

(Just drop me a note before the dive so I know what to bring extras of )
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

You know I'll be there! :-) For both the dives.

I wouldn't mind trying a liquidvision bottom timer. I've seem them used by others. would love to use it as a backup on the dive to get a feel of it.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

I'll be there, if someone wants to dive with a newb scooter diver, or work on setting up some line to work on running reels, jumps, OOA, etc... Kind of want to work on scootering, I had a blast with Dave learning on Saturday.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Oh, and I neglected to mention that I might actually be there this time *gasp*! Suit is almost fixed....for the time being. I have a feeling that I am on the verge of a full suit replacement since my suit actually has holes wearing through the back. No idea how.... Emailed DC about it, so hopefully they can provide some insight. Until the holes actually start to leak though, I should remain dry. New wrist seals, and soon to be new gloves!
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'll be there.
Both dives if I can get away early.
Scooter ready!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

kdupreez wrote:... and DiveX Cuda's to play with!
Oh?
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

I'll be there!
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Jeremy wrote:
kdupreez wrote:... and DiveX Cuda's to play with!
Oh?
indeed :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I'll definitely be there for dive 2, maybe for dive 1
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Alex - you think you'd be OK with cold murky water after being spoilt for 2 weeks in the red sea?
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

Not sure......will you hold my hand?

I guess that means I will actually have to wear an undergarment under my drysuit. Damn, I should have just stayed in Egypt!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
Fjolsen
Just Settling In

Post by Fjolsen »

I'm planning on making it for dive 1. I'm new here and don't know any of you yet but hopefully someone will be willing to buddy up with a non-scooter diver. Looking forward to meeting some of you.
Frank
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'm a non-scooter diver. I'll be glad to buddy up with you. I won't reach there before 4:45 though, but I take < 10 minutes to gear up. Let's plan for a splash at 5?
Fjolsen
Just Settling In

Post by Fjolsen »

5:00 splash works great for me. See you there. FYI, I'm planning on just 1 tank.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Me too. I have two tanks, but I want to use that for a second dive if we get around to it.
Fjolsen
Just Settling In

Post by Fjolsen »

I meant I'll only be able to do one dive tomorrow.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Fjolsen, I have a spare tank that I need emptied. You can use it for a second dive if you want. Its a steel 72. I dont think I will be able to dive after all, but since there are so many new people going to this whom I haven't met, I might swing down anyways just to socialize.
Last edited by Mortuus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjolsen
Just Settling In

Post by Fjolsen »

Thanks for the offer Mortuus. I have 2 tanks I just can't hang around for the second dive tomorrow.
dscuba
Aquaphile

Post by dscuba »

I'll be there for 5:00 splash.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Looks like I will be diving after all. I will be there at 4:00, getting ready to splash some time between 4:30 and 5
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Turns out I can't make it today. I got called into something urgent at work. I may make it to the thursday dive.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

AWESOME turn out! Thanks everyone for diving, we had like 15 divers and I think 8 or more of them on scooters!!

Amazing place we live in, to be able to drive 30min to a dive site after work and enjoy spectacular dive with friends..