Great Vis on the Hood Canal

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

Great Vis on the Hood Canal

Post by deep diver »

Diving today the visibility was fantastic! At 50' I could look up and see the outline of the boat. Cruising around with the wide angle trying to get pictures of the octopus but they all seem to be setting on their eggs now. Saw at least 10 scattered around the reef in their dens. On of the highlights of the last few days of diving has been seeing the Red brotula out cruzing around, but was extremely camera shy and light sensitive so I couldn't get a shot.
Here are a couple of shots of todays.
Tomorrow I'll go for the macro since I found a nice war bonnet and some nudis but with the fish eye couldn't get close enough for a good enough shot.
Attachments
DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Great Vis on the Hood Canal

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice shots! What site did you dive? I have never seen a brotula that was not hiding!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

Tom,
The Red brotula was out on the west wall of Pulali in the 80' range. I've been there 100's of times and have never seen one there either.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd love to see a red brotula out in the open. I've never seen the hind parts of one!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Wow!! How come the vis was never like that while I was there??...hmph. Good shots!