Newbie here

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
AlohaMike
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Newbie here

Post by AlohaMike »

I have loved anything to do with water forever. I have been in the reef aquarium hobby for over 20 years and now I want to work in the big systems. I currently take care of a 700,220,150, 200 gal reef aquariums and over 200 gal of filtration. I'm currently selling my 90 gal reef aquarium filled to the gills with all kinds of live coral and all my other smaller tanks and all equipment to fund my gear buying. Anyone out there have some used excellent condition gear. So far I have mask,fins,and 80 DIN tank.So Im going to work towards my dream of becoming a Marine Biologist in the Hawaiian islands. I got my OW cert a couple of weeks ago. I love it. Working on my AOW cert now. I have my deep dive later this afternoon in Tacoma. I would like to make it to Master Diver in a year w/a bunch of dives under my belt. Then volunteer at the Point Defiance Aquarium and Seattle Aquarium. I have a great g/f which someday I hope she can dive with me after the fear of water is gone. Im excited to get into this new field and explore and meet new dive buddies. Any advice is much appreciated. Aloha!!!!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Newbie here

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

AlohaMike wrote:I have loved anything to do with water forever. I have been in the reef aquarium hobby for over 20 years and now I want to work in the big systems. I currently take care of a 700,220,150, 200 gal reef aquariums and over 200 gal of filtration. I'm currently selling my 90 gal reef aquarium filled to the gills with all kinds of live coral and all my other smaller tanks and all equipment to fund my gear buying. Anyone out there have some used excellent condition gear. So far I have mask,fins,and 80 DIN tank.So Im going to work towards my dream of becoming a Marine Biologist in the Hawaiian islands. I got my OW cert a couple of weeks ago. I love it. Working on my AOW cert now. I have my deep dive later this afternoon in Tacoma. I would like to make it to Master Diver in a year w/a bunch of dives under my belt. Then volunteer at the Point Defiance Aquarium and Seattle Aquarium. I have a great g/f which someday I hope she can dive with me after the fear of water is gone. Im excited to get into this new field and explore and meet new dive buddies. Any advice is much appreciated. Aloha!!!!
Hey welcome to the wonderful world of cold water diving. You should keep an eye on Craigslist and this board as items go for sale all the time. When you buy used you should be dilligent about getting your gear serviced for safety. You will find no shortage of people to dive with here.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Welcome!
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Welcome
BASSMAN