Diving with ghosts.

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Diving with ghosts.

Post by Linedog »

OK so a thread on that other board got me to thinking, ya thats scary right there! I believe in ghosts, spirits, paranormal and the boogie man. I have seen them in a few different places and at different times. But I have never seen/felt one while diving, have you? Also our son is in the Navy and he says every ship has ghosts. And no this is not a drunk post.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving with ghosts.

Post by Dusty2 »

No you don't need to be drunk to believe in ghosts, it may help, but sober people see them all the time. Seeing one underwater would be a big problem especially since I wear a drysuit which probably wouldn't be after seeing a ghost at 90 feet. :eek:

I have heard many stories of haunted Navy ships. After all you couldn't get a better place for creating ghosts. Ships, barracks prison camps, battle zones are very common as haunting places.

Some friends of ours had a 14 year old son who accidentally shot himself playing with a loaded hand gun. There is no doubt in my mind that their house is haunted. Though no one has seen him he is always doing things like locking someone in the bathroom or slamming doors, or letting dogs out of their crates.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

I don't believe in ghosts, but I heard a story a while back about a diver that saw a glitter farting unicorn! Really scary stuff!!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

There's a production company advertising over on ScubaBoard for divers who believe in ghosts for some cable TV program they're contemplating.

They're looking for "characters" with strong opinions. I told 'em we don't have any of those in scuba diving ... :rofl:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

There's a book called Haunted Lake Michigan, and a diver describes an experience with a ghost on one of the wrecks there while inside the wreck. I think the wreck he was on did not have any casualties when it sank, though has claimed at least three divers who got lost inside the ship. I don't know of anyone personally who has seen (or will admit to having seen) one themselves though.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Grateful Diver wrote:They're looking for "characters" with strong opinions. I told 'em we don't have any of those in scuba diving ... :rofl:
If that's true (I wouldn't know; I don't spend much time on SB these days), then that is fricken hilarious!! :rofl:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Mortuus wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:They're looking for "characters" with strong opinions. I told 'em we don't have any of those in scuba diving ... :rofl:
If that's true (I wouldn't know; I don't spend much time on SB these days), then that is fricken hilarious!! :rofl:
Nope. No characters here. Haven't ran into nary a one.

Strong opinions? Nah. Buncha sweet pussycats end up diving and frequenting the boards.

Although... A quick descent to 120 fsw in the dark, kicking against a strong current.... Or after 6 days and 30 dives and Crown Royal in Bonaire....

Yep. I've seen some pretty strange things.

But it's like they say, what happens in ..... Stays in ......

Unless there are pictures and posts.

So.... What were we talking about?!?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Tom Nic wrote:
Mortuus wrote:

Strong opinions? Nah. Buncha sweet pussycats end up diving and frequenting the boards.

Although... A quick descent to 120 fsw in the dark, kicking against a strong current.... Or after 6 days and 30 dives and Crown Royal in Bonaire....

Dude....you got 30 dives in 6 days in Bonaire?

You beat my record by one dive!! This shall not stand....
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Jeremy wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
Mortuus wrote:

It's on.

Talk is cheap.

June 2013.

Be there.

(We have a room open in our house if you can handle it!)
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Remind me to tell you about my friend's dive'n fly philosophy sometime. :)
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Tom Nic wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
Mortuus wrote:

It's on.

Talk is cheap.

June 2013.

Be there.

(We have a room open in our house if you can handle it!)
Ooooooo......I will seriously consider!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Swing by Redondo today and let's talk. Just leaving with plans for 3 or 4 dives with the Thursday crew minus Bassman.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I couldn't make it there before 6:30 today. If you guys are diving next Thursday I'll join ya!
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

We had a resident ghost in the last machine shop I worked at. When I started work there no one said a thing about it until after I had seen it for myself. :eek: Then they told me about their encounters. I believe!
I also hear noises I can't explain in my house from time to time. Usually when I am home alone during the day. The only person I know to have died in the house was my grandfather 25+ years ago but this house only came into the family in 1928 so there could be "others". :popcorn:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!