Hello from Whidbey Island

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Hello from Whidbey Island

Post by Paladin4Christ »

I wanted to introduce myself.

I live up on Whidbey Island and recently decided to get back into diving. I was originally certified back in 2004 and stopped diving when my dive buddy (my wife) experienced warm water diving in St. Thomas and announced following the last dive, "I will not get into cold water again." Since I didn't have a dive buddy, I stepped away.

After watching Bering Sea Gold I realized I missed diving and decided to get back into it. Originally I was going to SOLO dive but then my youngest son expressed an interest...he completed his certification last weekend! I will brag a bit by saying he is a natural.

I am currently enrolled in the SSI Dive Con program (just started the Dive Guide portion) and am looking forward to learning!
kenpodan
Avid Diver

Re: Hello from Whidbey Island

Post by kenpodan »

Hi there!
What part of the Island are you on? I moved to Oak Harbor a month ago and am searching for dive buddies and spots to go and play.
Cheers!
dan
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to both you and your son!!!

If you want to meet other dive buddies, NWDC is THE place to hang out and meet divers at all levels, from the newest beginner to technical and rebreather divers.

We have a bunch of active members that also live on Whidbey Island, so take a chance and seek them out for dives all around the island.

Keep an eye on the dive planning forum and get involved in the thread whenever something that interests you is posted.

Once again...welcome! It's good to have you here and we all hope that you will enjoy being part of NWDC!

- John :rawlings:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Take a trip over to Whidbey Island Dive Center - Oak Harbor, WA. Jan Kocian hangs out there and you couldn't find a more informed source for info on Whidbey. Not the best time of the year to get back into it(bad viz) but there is never a bad time. :stir:
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

kenpodan wrote:Hi there!
What part of the Island are you on? I moved to Oak Harbor a month ago and am searching for dive buddies and spots to go and play.
Cheers!
dan
I live in Penn Cove and will be hanging out at the WIDC here in OH a lot while I am completing my Dive Con Courses! Send me you info and we can meet up!

I am definitely looking forward to meeting Jan and some of the other legends in the Whidbey Area.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Welcome!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Welcome to the club, Good to see Whidbey Island divers here !
Too bad I cannot join you diving, still having medical issues :(
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the board!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman