WWW - 7/3/2013

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 7/3/2013

Post by Mortuus »

Site - Alki Cove 2

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5:00 splash

Dive 2 - 6:30 to 7:00 splash

If we get a large turnout, we typically go out for food afterwards. Not to be missed! Hope to see you there! I will for sure be there for dive two, and possibly dive one.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Re: WWW - 7/3/2013

Post by aadolfi »

Bex and I will be there for Dive 2.
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Somewhere between dive 1 and 2
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

In for dive 2 (might be there 5-15 mins late if traffic is anything like it was last week).

Would love to dive with a scooter and/or photo buddy.
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

I'll show up for dive 2! :eric: But my ankle is sprained, so I'm not sure if it'd be better enough to dive by then. I hope so, but I can't be too sure.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there!!

If viz holds, I'll be bringing two Cudas for me and a buddy thats willing to put up with me :)

If anyone else needs anything gear or gas wise, feel free to drop me a PM..

cheers!

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

kdupreez wrote:
If viz holds, I'll be bringing two Cudas for me and a buddy thats willing to put up with me :)
Dibs!!!!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Jeremy wrote:Dibs!!!!
SWEET! Its yours, Brah!! :thumb3d:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Have fun, everybody! I'll be saving the world from rashes, sprained ankles, and small children with fevers.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF wrote:Have fun, everybody! I'll be saving the world from rashes, sprained ankles, and small children with fevers.
May there be no 3rd degree burns, concussion injuries, or maimed children on your 3rd...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Max,

I'll do a scoot dive back to the Monolith Maru (or wherever) if you want to catch that octo on camera. Maybe some DPV drills.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

kdupreez wrote:I'll be there!!

cheers!

Koos
DPV race? Cuda vs Genesis?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Hey Max, are you gonna bring the prototype? I'd love to do a scooter dive over to that crane (about 20 minutes each way I think)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mortuus wrote:Hey Max, are you gonna bring the prototype? I'd love to do a scooter dive over to that crane (about 20 minutes each way I think)
What crane are you talking about?
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Hey Max, are you gonna bring the prototype? I'd love to do a scooter dive over to that crane (about 20 minutes each way I think)
Apparently there is a sunken crane "out there" if you leave on a scooter heading southwest (towards Cove 1) for about 20 minutes. At least, that's what I have heard. Alex, you've been there, correct? Info?
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

Dylan, I can probably swing that. Right now I mostly need to get data on the 650.

Jay/Dylan- Some combination of any/all of those things sounds great. (+ scooter chicken wars with koos and jeremy!?)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mortuus wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Apparently there is a sunken crane "out there" if you leave on a scooter heading southwest (towards Cove 1) for about 20 minutes. At least, that's what I have heard. Alex, you've been there, correct? Info?
Awesome, its like a monomyth sequel!
20min is like ~2800ft or half a mile. So that's way over by Duwamish head (which is actually NW). I'm game if ppl actaully know where it is.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Awesome, its like a monomyth sequel!
20min is like ~2800ft or half a mile. So that's way over by Duwamish head (which is actually NW). I'm game if ppl actaully know where it is.

Yeahhh, while I was looking at Google Maps it looked like 20 minutes would bring one pretty far over in that direction. So I guess it really is Monomyth v.2.0!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

How deep?
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

CaptnJack wrote:How deep?
I seem to remember people saying 70ft, but dont quote me on that
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

This looks like too much fun to pass up... I'm in!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Mortuus wrote:
OOps totally quoted you on that...

:neener:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Norris wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
OOps totally quoted you on that...

:neener:
Blast! =P
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

Probably won't be able to make it this week, I've gotta work. No kicking up silt for me this week...
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

CaptnJack wrote:
kdupreez wrote:I'll be there!!

cheers!

Koos
DPV race? Cuda vs Genesis?
YEAASSSSS! lets do it!