Trouble with liquivision Xen software for windows 7

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Trouble with liquivision Xen software for windows 7

Post by thefeve »

Hey all,

Recently picked up a Xen a few weeks back, and just now getting around to connecting it to my PC. Having a heck of a time getting it to work so thought I'd post up.

I have windows 7, and have installed and reinstalled the drivers from the liquivision site both using the setup file, and the manual install from the manufacturers website. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get my comp to recognize the device properly. Several times I thought it had worked, but upon trying to connect using the dives logging software, the connection fails and the Xen says pc timed out...

Any suggestions welcome:)

Thanks!
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Trouble with liquivision Xen software for windows 7

Post by Jeff Pack »

Are you sure its a driver/win7 issue, versus proper alignment of the IR link and the device.?

Its kinda tricky when I had my Xeo. Not sure if Xen is the same.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Yah, i wondered the same... Monk suggested the same problem. I'd like to think I exhausted that option... Any tips? i tried everything from basically touching, to a few inches back.

I think i question the drivers as the website says that windows will give you the little popup that says "this device has been installed successfully" and I never actually got that message...Then in the software, there is like 4 options for the port to use... none of which i could get to work successfully.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
SwamiMacGyver
Just Settling In

Post by SwamiMacGyver »

I didn't get the popup the first time I tried to install the drivers. I fixed that by saving it to my desktop and then I ran it from there. Seemed to work ok when I did that.

-Mike
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Problem solved!

Upon hooking up another device using the same mini USB to charge, I realized the charge light kept going in and out... Wiggled the cord and realized the connection was kinda shotty. Switched to a different USB port and it stayed on..

So, switched back to the Xen pc interface, reinstalled drivers, plugged into the better USB socket, and guess what?! Bingo!

Was able to update to the newest software and update the timer. So good news!

New to start playin with the dive logger now!

Love the timer though, got out this AM with Paulicarp and had a fun scoot to the docs in some terrible vis, OLED screen FTW:)