Moar Octopus, two camera angles.

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Moar Octopus, two camera angles.

Post by ljjames »

This was not the easiest video to edit... Two cameras without any clapper to sync makes it a big challenging. I opted to go more for effect than exact cuts. Huge thanks to Lamont (2nd Camera) and Dave S. (lighting). You can see the impact of a well wielded off axis light when going for the 'dark' video with 'bubbles' of light.

I turned my lights down for many portions of this so that we could impart the feel of a night dive, which is sometimes hard with all the video lights. Having the second camera for the alternate views and closer-ups really helps when trying to get that across because it allowed me to shoot wide but also have the close up shot.

This is the first time I've edited two same same cameras from an UW shoot and its really cool to be able to just add the same attributes/plug-in effect to each batch of footage for the heavy lifting and only have to do subtle corrections for light angles and things...

phpBB [video]
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Moar Octopus, two camera angles.

Post by Waynne Fowler »

superbly edited IMVHO.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Waynne Fowler wrote:superbly edited IMVHO.
+1
:supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

This is amazing!!!!
I really like the music also! Great job! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: