Hello PNW

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
jelo
Just Settling In

Hello PNW

Post by jelo »

I just got back from japan where I fell in love with scuba diving and got certified. Honestly haven't been diving very long and only have 2 dives out here in the PNW and am definitely interested in getting a lot more dives out here =].
I live up in Whidbey Island. If anyone doesn't mind a noob like myself I'd love to dive with some new people.

Thanks for reading.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hello PNW

Post by johndo88 »

You came to the right place. Lots of good diving experience to be had here. If I may hazard a guess, what branch of the service are you in?
jelo
Just Settling In

Post by jelo »

In the navy actually. And the one experience I've had out here so far was pretty unique especially compared to what I'm used to lol.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

I thought that you might be stationed at NAS Whidbey. From the main gate you are 17 miles away from one of the better dive sites in Puget Sound, the Keystone Jetty. If you have not yet been there, do know that the site IS CURRENT SENSITIVE. Search this forum and you'll find lots of information about the site.

http://binged.it/1armyU3
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
jelo
Just Settling In

Post by jelo »

I'm actually closer than that i live off base =).
Thanks for the heads up in definitely going to have to find someone who wants to check it out. =)
johndo88 wrote:I thought that you might be stationed at NAS Whidbey. From the main gate you are 17 miles away from one of the better dive sites in Puget Sound, the Keystone Jetty. If you have not yet been there, do know that the site IS CURRENT SENSITIVE. Search this forum and you'll find lots of information about the site.

http://binged.it/1armyU3
jelo
Just Settling In

Post by jelo »

Penopolypants wrote:Welcome to the board!
Thank You