The loss of Mukelteo T-docs as a dive site

General banter about diving and why we love it.
kwbyron
Aquaphile

The loss of Mukelteo T-docs as a dive site

Post by kwbyron »

I am sorry to report a plan to remove this common dive site from us... The culpret is my drysuit, it turns out Big Yellow is smuggling out the beach a little at a time. Any ideas on how to break my dry suit of this nasty habit? I rinse them with fin water at the car, but he still manages to get it off the beach.
-Kevin
I feel like a fish out of the water when I'm not diving.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Fill your fins with water and dump it on your feet when you get back to the car.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

He just said he does that already.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Fill a couple of gallon jugs with fresh water and bring them with you. After the dive, remove your rig, stand next to your car, and pour it over your head and drysuit. Not only will it restore the sand to the beach ... where it belongs ... it'll make you feel better to replace the salt water on your face with fresh water ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Kevin,

In actuality you are improving the dive site. By taking the beach home, you are decreasing any potential surface swimming, and for that I thank you.

I always have my 5 gallon bucket o' weights. It would work well for removing the sand, but Bob's right, using fresh water to wash with would help get rid of the salt from your head and hands.

Jake
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

I do the same. I carry a 1 gallon jug to every dive site. After I get out of my gear I wash whatever got dirty which is usually only the boots....nothing else should be touching the ground.
fpoole
Avid Diver

Post by fpoole »

Well there are other variations, ut this is key... battery powered shower pump... there is a 5-gal white bucket that is kewl... I have one, works great... (not sure this photo link will work so here's the
link
or the shower bag... just leave it on the roof or canopy to heat up...
Frank Poole
ORV-RZR 1k & Hiking
Camping & Shooting(photos)
in the Great Nor’West

http://www.poolesweb.com/
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

you had me scared with that subject line!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets