NWUE Dive -- Tuesday -- Aug 26 -- Cove 1!

Discuss Team Diving here.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

NWUE Dive -- Tuesday -- Aug 26 -- Cove 1!

Post by Peter Guy »

The next Northwest Underwater Explorers "Tweak" dive will be this coming Tuesday, Aug. 26 at Cove 1 (Alki) with a meet time of 6:30 p.m. and a tentative splash time of 7:15. While Cove 1 may not be the most exciting spot to dive (but there are things there (map)) it is a great place to practice various skills -- non-silting kicks, air shares (S-drills), etc.

There will also be one or two "courses" set up for practicing line skills -- running line, following line, etc.

If you want to join this dive, please let us (me) know via the NWUE Buddy Group which (I think) requires "joining" the Yahoo Group. OR, you can PM me.

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all out there.

Peter Rothschild
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: NWUE Dive -- Tuesday -- Aug 26 -- Cove 1!

Post by Joshua Smith »

So, yeah- there's, like, 3 different threads promoting this dive- could you all agree to maybe just post once about it, please?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Cleaning it up, lost some posts, the one relevant one was Scott C's:
vbcoachchris wrote:
I will be there for this one. If anyone wants to try out any UTD/DIR gear let me know what you need. I have way to many toys.

Scott
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

The problem is that Peter says he can't see the DIR/UDT forum. I moved his original post in dive planning into the DIR/UDT forum, and since he could no longer see it he posted it again.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:The problem is that Peter says he can't see the DIR/UDT forum. I moved his original post in dive planning into the DIR/UDT forum, and since he could no longer see it he posted it again.

- John

Hmmmm. I just checked, and you're right- Peter can't see this forum. I have no idea why. I'll try and troubleshoot later today.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:The problem is that Peter says he can't see the DIR/UDT forum. I moved his original post in dive planning into the DIR/UDT forum, and since he could no longer see it he posted it again.

- John

Hmmmm. I just checked, and you're right- Peter can't see this forum. I have no idea why. I'll try and troubleshoot later today.
If you guys were MIR/UTM this wouldn't be happening! :smt064
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:

- John

Maybe I'll just hand the job off to you, so YOU can have as much fun with it as I have. ](*,)

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Nailer99 wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:

- John

Maybe I'll just hand the job off to you, so YOU can have as much fun with it as I have. ](*,)
I'll take the Job :evil4:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I fixed it. Another result of the UTD forum being set up later than the other opt-in ones, my bad.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

tangfish wrote:I fixed it. Another result of the UTD forum being set up later than the other opt-in ones, my bad.
You are a terrible person.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I am not diving tonight. But I will be there with a loaner backplate and wing and reg setup to go with it.

If its not dumping rain, I am willing to do a little demo on how my team lays and marks line. However that will likely cut into your divetime and there may not be a suitable space with all the salmon fishermen etc. Playing this by ear right now...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.