Newbie here

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Newbie here

Post by sunnydude »

Hello everyone. I am a newly certified OW diver living in Lynnwood. Just completed my certification last weekend. Looking forward to making many other dives and getting further certifications. Decided to explore diving as I have a boat that we take regularly up to the San Juan and Gulf Islands. Plenty of room for tanks and such on board. :supz:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: Newbie here

Post by dwashbur »

Welcome! You've come to the right place to find dive buddies, and buddies in general.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome Sunny Dude, My OW class starts Monday!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hola SunnyDude, welcome to NWDC! :smt035
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

hi there...let's go diving! pm if you are up for diving. i'm looking for diving buddies. :partyman:
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I got your email Babs! As soon as my schedule clears I am heading back to the water. :)
Sean
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

Hey there sunnydude! Boats, diving, and the San Juans sound like they were made for eachother. I gots gassss money!!! :occasion5:
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I have the right boat for a weekend dive cruise. :) All I need are some tank holders and we are golden.
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hey Sunny,

I am also new to this area and am currently getting my card. I also have a boat,.. a 36' carver yacht. We should hook up soon and do some diving! My wife and 13 year old are also getting certified. Are you a family guy??

Anyone else out there looking for a boat to do some boat dives... drop me a line... Always looking for companions/friends with gas money!

Samson-

BTW... I live in Snohomish.... the boat is harbored at Dagmars in Everett.....
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Samson...what stall are you in? I am up at Dagmars as well, S17, 38' Bayliner. My wife is going to get certified next spring. Kids are too young (7 & 3) right now but daughter keeps telling me to buy a camera. :)

Sean
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hey Sean,

I am in stall R 39.... The blue one that has been under construction all summer!!! :) We bought it from a guy who left it sitting in Lake union for over 10 years uncovered and unused... Its been a nightmare restoring her, but she has new engines, new paint and is a runnin SOB now...

Samson-
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

I will look for you when I am up there this weekend. :) Are you closer to i5 or the entrance? My wife and I might have spoken with you as you had your boat in the water (not completed painting) and we were heading out. Was that you? Did you just paint the hull blue?
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

I think we will go try our hand at some Salmon fishing Sat.......We like to stay at Port ludlow overnight.......Do you ever do any overnighters on your boat??

Yes,.... was that you guys that were inviting me to join the yacht club?? Whats the name of your boat??
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Then it was you. Crimson Pride is our boat and it was Mukilteo Yacht Club.

We have 150 hours on the boat since March so you could say we do overnighters. :) Spent 10 days in the Gulf Islands in August. Soccer has arrived so we are limited right now in going out.

BTW...your boat looks great with the blue paint.

Sean
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

LOL.... Small world isnt it! Im jealous about your vacation! We should hook up and do some diving and boating... Ill stick my card on your boat....
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Sounds good.

Where are you getting your certification through?
Sean
Samson

Post by Samson »

EDIT EDIT EDIT
Last edited by Samson on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Samson wrote:LOL.... Small world isnt it! Im jealous about your vacation! We should hook up and do some diving and boating... Ill stick my card on your boat....
Ha This is cool! :supz:
I recently met a diver / co-worker for ten years at the same company different shifts/location.
While at a company training,
he was wearing a hat with a dive flag, sitting behind me in the classroom.
I asked him if he was a diver.
He said yes, him and his wife were recently certified.
I asked him if he new about nwdiveclub.com
He said,"Yep I'm on there, I'm Diverbob!"
And I said, "I'm Bassman!"
Then he said "you're the one who responded to my post last night!"

We both had a good laugh and we both have another dive Buddy! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
MrsDiverBob
Avid Diver

Post by MrsDiverBob »

See, it just goes to show that we are all connected in some weird way!! BTW, I'm not really "new", but decided it was time to get my own screen name instead of "lurking" over DiverBobs shoulder!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

MrsDiverBob wrote:See, it just goes to show that we are all connected in some weird way!! BTW, I'm not really "new", but decided it was time to get my own screen name instead of "lurking" over DiverBobs shoulder!
Welcome to NWDC MrsDiverBob! We have no doubt that you are the "better half"! ...no disrespect intended to MrDiverBob!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman