lake charters

General topics about technical diving.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

lake charters

Post by Burntchef »

lets see if we can get a list of peeps who want to check out the planes and boats. i put this in the tech section, while some are in the rec zone it still takes a skilled diver not to screw vis or punch a hole in something historic.

all we need is 6 for howies boat, maybe a 2 tanker. first on the p4y then over to something shallower
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
loanwolf
Pelagic

Re: lake charters

Post by loanwolf »

Burntchef wrote:lets see if we can get a list of peeps who want to check out the planes and boats. i put this in the tech section, while some are in the rec zone it still takes a skilled diver not to screw vis or punch a hole in something historic.

all we need is 6 for howies boat, maybe a 2 tanker. first on the p4y then over to something shallower
How about we do both bombers?
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

works for me, but truthfully the other bomber imo isnt as nice, all the cool shit is mostly buried. but if thats what the group wants i am in.

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Burntchef wrote:works for me, but truthfully the other bomber imo isnt as nice, all the cool shit is mostly buried. but if thats what the group wants i am in.
Makes no never mind to me. How about everyone give sugestions.
LWNE.JPG
LWC.JPG
Greg
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Date????

I would personally prefer one of the minesweepers and a 2nd dive on something <150 like the Harpoon. I have not had the greatest experience with Howie. Maybe that one time was a fluke, I'm willing to give the guy a 2nd chance in friendly conditions. There aren't many other options now that the Dash is gone.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

CaptnJack wrote:Date????

I would personally prefer one of the minesweepers and a 2nd dive on something <150 like the Harpoon. I have not had the greatest experience with Howie. Maybe that one time was a fluke, I'm willing to give the guy a 2nd chance in friendly conditions. There aren't many other options now that the Dash is gone.

Yeah. Howie is......sub-optimal. And yes- the minesweepers would be fun.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Joshua Smith wrote:Yeah. Howie is......sub-optimal. And yes- the minesweepers would be fun.
Guess it wasn't a fluke, but hey someone's gotta get the guy up to speed right?

I nominate Howard :angelblue:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

CaptnJack wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:Yeah. Howie is......sub-optimal. And yes- the minesweepers would be fun.

gee thanks, i think howie is great for the lake, basically a quick motor out and park it for a hour. no currents, no hanji vessels trying to run you down.

loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Joshua Smith wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Date????

Yeah. Howie is......sub-optimal. And yes- the minesweepers would be fun.
Josh what did you have problems with him on?
Greg
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Burntchef wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

gee thanks, i think howie is great for the lake, basically a quick motor out and park it for a hour. no currents, no hanji vessels trying to run you down.
Yes, I think Howie's fine for the lake. And yes, no biggy Hanjin is good.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I guess I ought to learn to keep my big mouth shut.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Joshua Smith wrote:I guess I ought to learn to keep my big mouth shut.
I didn't mean to start anything by asking but I it sounds like their is a good story their that may be enjoyable .
Greg
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

If you guys have trouble filling a boat I'd be interested in hitting 2 of the <130' wrecks. I'd have to find a buddy, but I'm sure I could twist somebodies arm into leaving the bottom a little early with me. A lot of these wrecks aren't THAT big that I'd need a ton of BT. I suppose I could learn to dive dubs and safety for you guys on a first dive too.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm interested in checking out some of the Lake wrecks depending on what's on the menu. I'll be limited to some of the shallower stuff >130. Jake, I'm sure you and I could knock out most of what's to see in 10-15 minutes of BT and keep within min deco limits if you want.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Keep me posted on these. I might be interested in some that are within my reach as well.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I'm interested in checking out some of the Lake wrecks depending on what's on the menu. I'll be limited to some of the shallower stuff >130. Jake, I'm sure you and I could knock out most of what's to see in 10-15 minutes of BT and keep within min deco limits if you want.
Matt a 130' wreck in the lake is recommend a TM dive unless you have lots of 0 vis experience and are totally comfortable with it. On a good day you may have 6 feet most of the 3-4 with a can light and it is black as hell. So one fin kick and you buddy can be out of sight and gone and now you are on your own. That is why it is recommend, the lake can be extremal stressfully to dive. But it is very nice if you are comfortable with 0 vis and total black as their is no ambient light at all once you get to depth.
Greg
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

loanwolf wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:I'm interested in checking out some of the Lake wrecks depending on what's on the menu. I'll be limited to some of the shallower stuff >130. Jake, I'm sure you and I could knock out most of what's to see in 10-15 minutes of BT and keep within min deco limits if you want.
Matt a 130' wreck in the lake is recommend a TM dive unless you have lots of 0 vis experience and are totally comfortable with it. On a good day you may have 6 feet most of the 3-4 with a can light and it is black as hell. So one fin kick and you buddy can be out of sight and gone and now you are on your own. That is why it is recommend, the lake can be extremal stressfully to dive. But it is very nice if you are comfortable with 0 vis and total black as their is no ambient light at all once you get to depth.
Both of us can do it on 25/25.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Nwbrewer wrote:
loanwolf wrote:
Both of us can do it on 25/25.
Matt you have your NTM? I did not think you had that yet. Great job!
Greg
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I believe he's 2 experience dives shy. He managed to break his leg right before his experience dives, so he better be getting that done right after his leg is cleared to dive!

Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Nwbrewer wrote:I believe he's 2 experience dives shy. He managed to break his leg right before his experience dives, so he better be getting that done right after his leg is cleared to dive!
Yep. I was supposed to do my experience dives in Whytecliff Jan 2nd. Instead I broke my leg on New Years Eve #-o

I wouldn't want to do a dive that deep in the Lake without a little helium based on what I've heard from others.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Okay lets do this this weekend. Who is up for it and what days. I will have a boat (depending on if we get enough people) for both Saturday, Sunday, or Monday 2 dives each day $85.00/day. Let me know what you would like to do. We have talked about this long enough time of action.
Greg
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

loanwolf wrote:Okay lets do this this weekend. Who is up for it and what days. I will have a boat (depending on if we get enough people) for both Saturday, Sunday, or Monday 2 dives each day $85.00/day. Let me know what you would like to do. We have talked about this long enough time of action.

me and my lake buddy are in thailand right now, hopefully there will be some interest when we get back, need to go pack now for the wreck trip in the a.m. :eric:

BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Burntchef wrote:
loanwolf wrote:Okay lets do this this weekend. Who is up for it and what days. I will have a boat (depending on if we get enough people) for both Saturday, Sunday, or Monday 2 dives each day $85.00/day. Let me know what you would like to do. We have talked about this long enough time of action.

me and my lake buddy are in thailand right now, hopefully there will be some interest when we get back, need to go pack now for the wreck trip in the a.m. :eric:
I hate you...and tell Dan I hate him too.

Seriously, have a great dive, is this the Japanese wreck?
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

BDub wrote: I hate you...and tell Dan I hate him too.
Don't forget that you need to hate Ken, too! He's leading this little junket to Thailand, and would probably feel left out if he didn't also receive some of your ire!!!! :angry:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

here is ken on the pilot house of the king cruiser wreck. we may be skipping the mystery japanese wreck, ther guides here really dont want to go. so we are doing 2 deep wall dives tomorrow.
Attachments
101.JPG