Replacement dry gloves?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
jcander
Frequent Bubbler

Replacement dry gloves?

Post by jcander »

I have viking rings and hate the thick gloves that came with them. While on a trip to Canada, I picked up a couple pairs of thin, stretchy gloves from a shop in Nanaimo for $4-5 each. Does anyone know where I can get these in Portland or preferably online?

Thanks!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: Replacement dry gloves?

Post by Dashrynn »

What kind of Viking rings
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

If you have a brand name you can google them. I'm sure there are online suppliers but without more info it's going to be tough. Try Seattle Marine and Fishing Supply Co http://www.seamar.com/ Thats where I get the ones I use
Scott
Avid Diver

Post by Scott »

jcander wrote:I have viking rings and hate the thick gloves that came with them. While on a trip to Canada, I picked up a couple pairs of thin, stretchy gloves from a shop in Nanaimo for $4-5 each. Does anyone know where I can get these in Portland or preferably online?

Thanks!
If they are black and look like dish washing gloves they could be Marigolds. We buy them at a shop that deals with commercial fisherman. They use them when cleaning fish.
Nootka Sound- probably the best kept secret on the west coast
jcander
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jcander »

I have the Viking bayonet ring system (I think.) I've attached a photo if that helps anyone.

Both Marigolds and Seattle Marine sell a ton of options. I was hoping for a suggestion or three.

Thanks!
Attachments
CIMG1063.JPG
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

That's not the bayonet system, I believe that's the viking classic system that uses pull-over gloves. The regular Atlas blue or orange gloves won't work.

I have seen people use rubber blasting gloves from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/rubber-bla ... -4468.html
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Penopolypants wrote:That's not the bayonet system, I believe that's the viking classic system that uses pull-over gloves. The regular Atlas blue or orange gloves won't work.

These are what I use, love them, but being black they are hard to see if that matters to you.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:That's not the bayonet system, I believe that's the viking classic system that uses pull-over gloves. The regular Atlas blue or orange gloves won't work.

These are what I use, love them, but being black they are hard to see if that matters to you.
It might matter if you want your buddy (or instructor) to see your hand signals! :smt064
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

CaptnJack wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: These are what I use, love them, but being black they are hard to see if that matters to you.
It might matter if you want your buddy (or instructor) to see your hand signals! :smt064
Black high-speed blur, blue high-speed blur, what's the difference? :neener:
The important thing that that you have enough dexterity to form the "?" signal.

Just kidding Jake! We all got respectively better.

-Ben

ps - I bought blue gloves last week. :tomnic:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

:laughing3: :rofl:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I have used these on my old system and they leaked.

I used to have a link for the classics since I owned a pair before but I lost that awhile back, there was a guy on scubaboard selling some nice ones designed for the Viking classics. Sorry I havenothing else
jcander
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jcander »

Nwbrewer wrote:

Are these dishwasher glove thick or welding glove thick?
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

jcander wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: These are what I use, love them, but being black they are hard to see if that matters to you.
They are quite thick for a rubber glove. They are very durable. I like them other than the color. I've used these in conjunction with the Viking classic rings on my last 30 dives or so. No leaks (Sorry Dash. You must be doing it wrong. LOL). The cuff's are a bit long but other than that they are very functional. The cuff section is smooth and makes a good seal. From the wrists forward they have an aggressive texture that is very grippy. They are a very good glove.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

airsix wrote:
jcander wrote:
They are quite thick for a rubber glove. They are very durable. I like them other than the color. I've used these in conjunction with the Viking classic rings on my last 30 dives or so. No leaks (Sorry Dash. You must be doing it wrong. LOL). The cuff's are a bit long but other than that they are very functional. The cuff section is smooth and makes a good seal. From the wrists forward they have an aggressive texture that is very grippy. They are a very good glove.

-Ben
How did you get blue gloves on the classic system?

They're better than dishwashing gloves, very durable.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

I bought a case of these and they have worked very well so far.

http://www.magidglove.com/Magid-MultiMa ... mentId=229

I have the classic viking rings.

Mike
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Nwbrewer wrote: How did you get blue gloves on the classic system?
I'm using those silicone wrist seals now, which required going to Si-tec rings. So no more classics for me. I was going through latex seals at an annoying rate and finally said enough is enough. Neo neck seal, silicone wrist seals, and hopefully less suit maintenance now.