Dive log app

General banter about diving and why we love it.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Dive log app

Post by cardiver »

Is anyone using a dive log app for an Android phone?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive log app

Post by airsix »

I've used Divinglog 5 on my PC for several years. I know, you're asking about Android... wait for it. Divinglog imports from almost any dive computer you can imagine including the census and the X1. I like it. I like that it has an open database and user modifiable fields. I like that I can change dive computers (like I did this week) and keep using the same log. You can also design your own printed reports. You can also run statistical reports & graphs. Want to see your SAC over time? Or your average dive time over time? It will do that with nice graphical charts.

Divelog 5

Now with that out of the way...

Android Dive Log (by ShuffleBits) can sync with Divinglog 5 on the PC. It won't snyc 100% of data, but it will do the basic stuff. Details are here. I haven't tried it, but I've been thinking about it. I could never go completely to a phone-based log, but I like the idea of having a sub-set on my phone.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I downloaded that to my phone but it is in bar. There is no way to convert it as far as I can tell.
airsix wrote:I've used Divinglog 5 on my PC for several years. I know, you're asking about Android... wait for it. Divinglog imports from almost any dive computer you can imagine including the census and the X1. I like it. I like that it has an open database and user modifiable fields. I like that I can change dive computers (like I did this week) and keep using the same log. You can also design your own printed reports. You can also run statistical reports & graphs. Want to see your SAC over time? Or your average dive time over time? It will do that with nice graphical charts.

Divelog 5

Now with that out of the way...

Android Dive Log (by ShuffleBits) can sync with Divinglog 5 on the PC. It won't snyc 100% of data, but it will do the basic stuff. Details are here. I haven't tried it, but I've been thinking about it. I could never go completely to a phone-based log, but I like the idea of having a sub-set on my phone.

-Ben
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

If you paid for the key, on the first page under (menu(settings)) you can select imperial or metric. I have been playing with it for an hour. I like it so far.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

How much for the key?

-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

cardiver wrote:How much for the key?

$1.31
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Got it. Thanks!

-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Thought I'd follow up. I paid my $1.31 for the Android Dive Log app and followed the instructions for uploading my PC dive log (Diving Log 5) data to the phone. It's dead simple. You plug your phone into your PC (and mount the SD card if you don't have your phone set to do it automatically) and simply click the button in Diving Log 5 to sync with Android. It finds the phone and pushes your log data to the proper location on the SD card. Eject your phone from the PC, launch Android Dive Log, and tell it to restore backup. Done. They made it very easy. Every dive I've ever logged mirrored to my phone in less than a minute. Sweet. :supz:

The authors of both apps say they are continuing to work together to improve the mapping between the two databases, but even at this early stage what I consider to be the important stuff is synced properly. I've had email exchanges with both and they've been very responsive.

-Ben
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I also paid for the key and have been very happy with the app. I love being able to log the dive while I am still at the site and the details are still fresh.

-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

I like it so far, the best part is if I forget to log the dive in my paper dive log I can just reference it later from my droid and input it into my paper log. I've been forgetting to log dives with how busy my schedule is presently, so the app has been keeping me on top of it.
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

At some point I'm going to be looking for a new dive computer. I'd like it to handle (at least) two gases per dive, offer a gauge mode, and I want to be able to download the dive data to my Macintosh and parse it using some software that's inexpensive and stable (presently I'm keeping an old laptop PC around just for the terrible Oceanic software that works with my current dive computer). ScubaPro/Uwatec's Aladin 2G looks promising, and their J-Trak software is free to download and seemingly quite stable. Any other suggestions?
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir